Cell phone reception getting worse
HESHFAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon cell phone coverage appears to be getting worse every month. Initially I thought it was because I had an older android phone but I upgraded to an iphone 7 several months ago and I still only get 1-2 bars no matter where I am. My calls are consistently dropped (with a called failed message) at home and work, both locations where I used to get excellent reception. I'm starting to think its time to move to a different carrier.

Help!

Labels (1)
Re: Cell phone reception getting worse
RICFLO86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, please don’t respond by recommending that I connet to WiFi. That’s not fixing your problem, but rather a way to circumvent your problem. If I had WiFi, I wouldn’t need your service, right?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code? Have you opened a trouble ticket with Verizon Wireless to investigate it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HESHFAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in one city but work 25 miles away in another city so I don't think it is location specific. It seems to be more systemic to the verizon network

HESHFAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also like to add its in an urban environment, Los Angeles. So availability of towers should not be an issue. I am beginning to think that the system is overtaxed and glutted and there are too many people using the network. It has progressively worsened over the past 5 years and I have switched three phones.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HESHFAM,

Having coverage is important to us as well. Help is here. What zip code are you having troubles in? Which services are affected?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mwtwen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even with WIFI calling sometimes works not reliable and the quality to terrible. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our only goal is to assist you as much as possible in resolving your service concerns, RICFLO86. I see that this is your only post in this message thread and we need more details in order to provide you accurate information.
What specific Verizon Wireless service issues are you experiencing?
Do you experience those issues in specific places (home, school, office), or specific time?
What is the ZIP code for the trouble area?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mwtwen
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is our home area and are farm business, It is also affecting a larger community area including a local restaurant where a large number of people visit frequently.  The zip code is 62940

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your patience, mwtwen. Let's not give up on addressing your service concern. I just checked the zip code you provided, there are no alerts open for outages or network issues. 

I would like to gather a few more details to help isolate the issue. Do you know of others that are either on your account or with Verizon experiencing the same issue? What kind of issues are you having with text and data (the more details the better)? Do you have HD calling enabled on your iPhone 7? Here is a link to help you check: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206984/ 

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes