Cash Only Customer. Verizon you have lost a customer!
FormerMarine
Enthusiast - Level 2

After many years with Sprint, with terrible coverage and even worse customer service, I switched to Verizon in Aug 2013.  Everything was great until the summer of 2014, when the Samsung SIII really started crapping out, and the signal, no matter where I was (I travel a lot) was slow, non-responsive, and/or would switch to 3G.  My phone finally died this past Saturday and I have no phone.  No land-line to call either.  I am in the process of getting a new phone.

The company that I contract (for work) recently had our owner pass away.  Turns out the company was involved in probate issues and as a result, two of my Verizon payments bounced (along with several other bills).    Verizon will only take cash now, which is a challenge considering the places I travel and my work schedule when on the road.  I tried to resolve this issue both in the store, and on the chat app yesterday.   The person that I chatted with was named "Tonya."  Tonya kept trying to shovel me off to different departments.  She also was not trained in a basic tenet of customer service, listening to the customer.  She did everything but.  Customer dis-service.

The responses and answers that I have received from Verizon across the platform were largely inconsistent.

Verizon, I tried in earnest to resolve this issue.  I have no problem acquiring a new phone.  Since you insist on keeping me a cash customer, you will lose me. 

Labels (1)
Re: Cash Only Customer.  Verizon you have lost a customer!
Not applicable

Verizon has no way of knowing who is paying your cell invoice.

However they incur charges when checks bounce and in turn have a policy of paying at a Verizon store (they are all over the country) through their kiosk system or at the counter.

This is for six months. Not for life. If you call financial services they can/will/must take a credit card payment over the phone. So you call it in for six months.

This is something that happens on all the carriers. Some carriers will simply suspend or cancel your service again they are a business.

You have a choice to leave if that is what you desire.

Good Luck at the new provider.

0 Likes