Careful Verizon
Verizoncheats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has dismissed all my account concerns despite by 10 year loyalty.  Had spyware deteced on one of my family plan phones, police verified.  Verizon had us get a new contract, phone, line and yet I'm still being charged for the old line that had the issue.  I can't tell you how many times I've called and spoken to reps and managers without any final resolution.  I've never had any major issues with my account and now that I do and am reaching out to Verizon for support I'm dismissed.  Calling customer service is a run-around, I have spent almost 4 hours on the phone with them.  If you try live chat, email or social media you have to explain the entire situation all over and then you are back to square one with the same old run-around.  This is a major issue that brings Sprint and T-Mobile into play, why stay with a company that could care less about customer retention.  I submitted a inquiry for an upgrade on the website this evening, 30 minutes after I submitted an inquiry about my account concerns, and I was contacted within 2 minutes regarding the updgrade.  So obviously customer acquistion is more important to Verizon then keeping people that have been loyal for a long period of time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Careful Verizon
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So, what exactly sure the point of this post?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Honestly, your post makes a claim Verizon would never do. That brings your whole post into suspicious territory. 

Verizon  will will never advise to just start a brand new contract and then claim they will cancel the old contract. Just is not done.

What hat phone got this "spyware"? Why not wipe the phone, why not just get replacement warranty replacement.  New contract and line make no sense. 

Verizoncheats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Raise awareness that Verizon support is useless. 

0 Likes
Verizoncheats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply but don't assume.

Verizon certainly did advise to just start a new line with new device and they told me they would merge the contracts after everything was setup. This was August 2014!!!!!

Police confiscated the old device and a police report was faxed to Verizon customer service/fraud dept.

Yes this makes no sense, hence my post!!!

0 Likes
Verizoncheats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mistake was taking the advise of Verizon customer service when they said to get a new line/device/contract and assuming they would merge the lines into the family plan that was already setup. Its not only frustrating but disappointing as I've been a long time customer.  I never am one to raise concerns in a public setting but from the runaround I've receivd from Verizon I'm at my limit.  Some of the mangers I've spoken to have said ok we'll take care of everything and then others say I have to pay early termination fees, etc; it's a complete cluster ----. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Please tell more.  How did the police get involved for spyware?  That also is unusual.   There is a lot of story we are not seeing to understand how Verizon did something I have never seen with advising to open new contract and then merging.  This must be something more than just spyware. 

Verizoncheats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our house was broken into with nothing stolen, thus the police interaction.  Because nothing was stolen the police asked to examine all of our electronic devices.  Not to get too personal but the final determination was my wife had a stalker who broke in and installed spyware on her phone which was left in the house.  Police confiscated the phone as evidence and the individual has since been prosecuted due to fingerprints on the device.  Nevertheless the story is true and Verizon has been made well aware and they advised us to do what we've done. 

Weth
Legend

What a terrible situation.  I withdraw my initial doubt.  I can see the logic now, and sounds like someone agreed, but now no one is backing that up.   This is a case that needs to go to the executive level. 

Verizoncheats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really appreciate all your replies, it is difficult to understand the whole story as I was somewhat vague in my initial description.  I am really trying to escalate this to the next level but not sure what else to do.  In any event thanks again.

0 Likes