Cannot port number nor can I contact a live HUMAN for help.
abernamb196

I have been on the phone with customer service for THREE DAYS now trying to activate my phone and port over an old number. Still after three days, it has not worked. The last Verizon rep I talked to said it was all set and the port had been successful, but it did not work. Now, I cannot contact customer service with my phone. I want to transfer my old number over, but it seems that AT&T has deactivated my account, thinking that it had been successfully ported. Furthermore, Verizon gave me a temporary number that is based out of Texas (I'm in NY). I want to either transfer my old number, or get a new local one. And I want to talk to a customer service agent on the phone, without having to jump through hoops. Not to mention that your phone support won't ALLOW me to talk to a customer service agent...talk about bad service. That is totally unacceptable.

I want answers from a Verizon Representative. This is ridiculous.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot port number nor can I contact a live HUMAN for help.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I am not a Verizon rep. You have reached out to a peer to peer community. I can tell you that if AT&T canceled your account and disconnected your number that it may not be retrievable by Verizon. This would not be Verizon's fault. You can check on your port status at www.vzw.com/port and enter the number you want to port. There may be some missing information from your request. Here is also question number 3 from the FAQs:

How do I port a phone number from another service provider to replace my current Verizon Wireless phone number?

1. Go to the Change Mobile Number page in My Verizon.

2. Select the mobile number you want to replace and click Next.

3. Select Port an existing number.

4. Enter the required information for porting your number and click Next.

5. Follow the prompts to confirm the mobile number change.

Verizon Customer Service number is 1-800-922-0204. You can also stop into a VZW corporate store and they should be able to help you.

Re: Cannot port number nor can I contact a live HUMAN for help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abernamb196 welcome to the Verizon family! We apologize for the trouble you're experiencing but we'll do everything we can to get this taken care of quickly! To assist with the port process, please make sure your old device is powered off. You'll receive a text message once the port is complete. If you continue to have trouble, please contact our Port Center directly at 800-711-9300.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes