Cannot make outgoing calls
Cjausmc04

Please help. I cannot make outgoing calls. I can send and receive texts. I can receive calls. I can't even make an outgoing 911 call. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot make outgoing calls
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's not good. Have you tried resetting network settings? By doing this you may have to reconnect your wifi connections but it may help. Or you could visit a corporate store and have your SIM care replaced.

0 Likes
Cjausmc04

Replace a SIM card on an iPhone5c? What does wifi have to do with my wireless cell phone?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The SIM card has nothing to do with wifi. It has everything to do with your phone connecting to the network.

Or you could not take my advice.

0 Likes
Cjausmc04

I  have an iPhone5c. Cell service has been fine since I opened this account on April 24th, 2015. I tried to power off and on. I reset my network settings. I still can only receive calls, send and receive texts but cannot make outgoing calls. Why?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Cjausmc04, welcome to our wireless family! We want to ensure that you have the best wireless experience possible with us. What happens when you try to place an outgoing call from your device? Do you hear an automated message? Tell us more so that we can further assist you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you port your number from another carrier?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Cjausmc04, you've reached the right place for answers regarding how your iPhone device works. The sim card is what connect and activates your iPhone on our network as it holds your personal mobile number information.

Your device has the capability of disabling cellular data from our network in Settings>Cellular>Disable Data. When Cellular Data is disabled, you will be unable to connect to Internet on your device. However, if there is a Wi-Fi connection, then you may use that Wi-Fi connection for data access.

I hope that these explanations are helpful to you. For more device support, click http://vz.to1kDL3MI

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes