Cannot block number/texts any longer
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to successfully block a number using the Block 5 for 90 days option for six months, now and when I go into re-block it, it now gives me this message.

"We were unable to complete your requested change at this time. Please try again later."

Its been giving me this message for a week.

What's the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot block number/texts any longer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dh0317,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having trying to reblock this number. Have you made sure the call/messaging blocking feature is still on your line? Sign into My Verizon and go to Change features. Under features make sure the Call/Messaging Block feature is listed. If it is not please add the feature. Do you have other numbers that are currently on your block call list?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried what you suggested and it says restricted access. when i initially set up this feature i simply clicked on the block number/messaging link on my profile page, added the number and hit submit. no problems at all.

if I give you the number can you add it for me?

0 Likes
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

No other numbers, there was just one.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Most smartphones now allow blocking right from the device.

0 Likes
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

not doing it from my device. i have been able to log in to My Verizon for 6 months now and repeat the block...it won't work now, here is the message I get.

We were unable to complete your requested change at this time. Please try again later.

Can you reset my account or apply the block again to my account?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am not an employee of VZW. I was suggesting that you block from your device. This never expires.

0 Likes
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

oh sorry...that isn't an option on my device, LG G2

unless im missing something

0 Likes
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

LindseyT_VZW

As I'm reading through all responses--Im seeing once you guys updated your website that this feature may have fallen off for some users.  Can you add this feature back for me?  When I go on the site (logged in) and click, add this -free button, it takes me to where I input numbers and submit but I still get the "cannot perform this feature at this time...."  can you add it back for me?lindseyt_vzw

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I had the very same issue a couple months ago. CS suggested that it was because I had made a recent change to my plan (I changed the amount of data). They said they could reverse the change or I could just wait until the end of the billing cycle. Since it was only about 5 days to the end, I chose to wait and like magic, the option re-appeared. However, since you have to renew it every 90 days, I've just downloaded the free call blocker app, which never expires and will hold hundreds of numbers instead of the 5 Verizon gives you for free.

0 Likes