Re: Cancelling one line of my 2-Line family plan
Butter2442

Just another thing to put out there "primary" and "secondary" lines don't actually matter when looking at contract information. In theory you'd be able to move your wife's line whenever it's out of contract and then take her old VZW device and put it on your number until the end of your contract (allowing you to keep your unlimited data) obviously depending on what phone she has and if it'll work for you since your Fascinate is going down hill. I do want to mention (not to fight about) I would check more into Sprint's coverage. I know you said you live around Chicago and you know people that don't have any problems, but I would check with Sprint if they can tell you what towers they actually own in your area since the unlimited data is only when you're on their towers. If you aren't by one of their towers that might cause you some issues with your data usage.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can't do this.  Your contract is tied to your line of service and your phone number.  I still have unlimited data and unlimited hotspot with Verizon and I plan to keep it.  When and if I ever need a new phone, I'll pay retail price.  Verizon unlimited is worth it to me.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ha Ha Ha.!  Ya wanna go to sprint really bad:  Well there service is Keen in the City but dwell out side your city or Veer off the interstate and there great Unlimited service goes down drain Quickly i'v had more than few relative's that have told me to my Face Verizon service is crappy..they stink Man!! in that way.. I'd just look back and smile because i knew in few months the'd come crawling back but just for fun i'd ask hey how's your service is it "Great"  Sorry i can't repeat what there answer was ). 

But our choices around here are about the same as they were a few years back when Alltel was the cat on the block phones were on par and there service was what propelled them to highest standards.. when Verizon took Over it pretty well remained the same Supreme..Equipment and Service as for Sprint.. there big thing has been there phones but they Roam in Most area's of the Country and that's what has hurt them.. it's always been that way the Reps won't tell you that but it is..

And by way you can keep your Unlimited you just have to pay full price for your devices to keep it). Both of my lines are coming up and that's what i was told i would have to do.. Now weather i do that or just hang on to them like Jim is with his Maxx will be determined when i cross that bridge. But i'm staying with what i know what benefits Us in the long run Service..

b33

0 Likes
AngryCustomer1983

B33 wrote:

Ha Ha Ha.!  Ya wanna go to sprint really bad:  Well there service is Keen in the City but dwell out side your city or Veer off the interstate and there great Unlimited service goes down drain Quickly i'v had more than few relative's that have told me to my Face Verizon service is crappy..they stink Man!! in that way.. I'd just look back and smile because i knew in few months the'd come crawling back but just for fun i'd ask hey how's your service is it "Great"  Sorry i can't repeat what there answer was ). 

B33 - I never said i want to go to Sprint really bad.  That was just one of the examples I gave.  You stated I can pay full price and keep VZW unlimited.  That still keeps my bill at $170.00 compared to the $110.00 I can pay for any other no contract service.

I have always been a VZW advocate, but when they basically tell me that being a loyal customer for 9 years means nothing to them, I will take my business elsewhere.  Even if that means my coverage may be an A or B+ vs. an A+ on coverage areas.

0 Likes
AngryCustomer1983

It is good to know you make enough money to pay $650-$750 for a new phone.  This is not something I can afford to do all at once.  Especially since VZW has the highest monthly rates for wireless providers.

What I can do is pay the ETF of $210.00 for my one line and leave in July like Spiral suggested.  If Verizon is not going to give me any support for being a valued customer for 9 years (multiple lines) then so be it.  I am sure it is the same with all of the big name companies so maybe a smaller company is who I should seek.  Just like how I bank at my local bank instead of Bank of America or Chase. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon has 98,000,000 loyal customers.  You are nothing special.

0 Likes
AngryCustomer1983

This statement is the problem with America.  We value corporations and money more than humanity.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You signed 2 contracts and got over $800 in discounts from Verizon.  In return, you agreed to pay 24 monthly payments on 2 lines of service.  Man-up and pay what you agreed to pay instead of looking for ways to skip out on your debts.  This entitlement attitude is what's killing this country.  People who have real needs are being cut-off because everyone else wants a free ride.  Next time, don't buy something you can't afford and accept $800 in subsidies to do it.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<< The original question has been asked and marked as answered; this discussion is now closed to further replies. >>

0 Likes