Canceling second line and keeping unlimited data
dkrinsky

I have a grandfathered Family SharePlan with two lines.  One has unlimited data.  The second doesn't--it's a plan that shares minutes and messages but not data, and the second line just has 2GB/mo.  Does anyone know if it is possible in this situation to cancel only the second line, leaving the primary plan, with its unlimited data, intact?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Canceling second line and keeping unlimited data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dkrinsky,

Having to pay per text message can get expensive fast. I text a lot and couldn’t imagine having to pay per message. Good news is we do have a bundled text message plans for those customers who are not on the More Everything Plan. It is $10.00 per month for 1000 messages. If you happen to go over the message allowance the overages will bill $0.10 per message sent, $0.10 per message received. You can add that text messaging feature via your My Verizon account online.

In regards to your other post, you can cancel the one line of your family share plan and move to a single line plan. This will keep your unlimited data plan in tact.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dkrinsky

Perhaps alternatively - is it possible to add messaging without switching to a MORE Everything Plan or losing the unlimited data?  Right now the two lines are both pay-per-text-message.  A fixed number would be OK - I know I can't switch to unlimited messaging and keep unlimited data - but paying 25c/message gets expensive fast.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dkrinsky,

Having to pay per text message can get expensive fast. I text a lot and couldn’t imagine having to pay per message. Good news is we do have a bundled text message plans for those customers who are not on the More Everything Plan. It is $10.00 per month for 1000 messages. If you happen to go over the message allowance the overages will bill $0.10 per message sent, $0.10 per message received. You can add that text messaging feature via your My Verizon account online.

In regards to your other post, you can cancel the one line of your family share plan and move to a single line plan. This will keep your unlimited data plan in tact.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes