Canadian Wifi Hotspots
itgirl

I am not sure if this is posted in the correct place, it is hard to decipher where one should put a question like this, so please accept my apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.

I have read on the website that there are Canadian Wifi Hotspots.  However, I am unable to find out where they are from the Verizon website, when doing a search it only gives you the option to search the USA. 

Can anyone please tell me where these Canadian hotspots are please?  Also, are they free?  The only reference I can find regarding wifi hotspots in Canada is that there are some, but that's about the limit of the information here.

Help on this issue would be most appreciated, thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Canadian Wifi Hotspots
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

itgirl wrote:

I assume then that I will get free access in any of the Canadian hotspots with my plan....please confirm, thanks.

Please read my previous post again. :smileywink:

In order to gain access to these hotspots (since they will be secured and require authentication) you'll need to use VZ Access manager to connect to these hotspots. When connecting via VZ Access it will provide the authentication details for you.

If you don't use VZ Access and instead try connecting using Windows the authentication will fail and you will not gain access.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Go to www.verizonwireless.com/wifi

You'll see a search box that says "Found Our Hotspots Natiownide". Below the search box you'll see a link that says Advanced Hotspot Search. Click on that and it'll load a form where you're able to change the country to Canada or Mexico. Then select your desired city/state.

If you're already paying for a Mobile Broadband Line, either a netbook/USB modem/Mifi2200, then yes these hotspots will be free to access and they will not count towards your data allowance.

0 Likes
itgirl

Wow, thanks for that this has to be one of those things that you need to know where it is to find it.

Yes, I subscribe to a monthly 5GB data plan with Verizon Mifi 2200, no contract though as it is my own hardware.  I assume then that I will get free access in any of the Canadian hotspots with my plan....please confirm, thanks.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

itgirl wrote:

I assume then that I will get free access in any of the Canadian hotspots with my plan....please confirm, thanks.

Please read my previous post again. :smileywink:

In order to gain access to these hotspots (since they will be secured and require authentication) you'll need to use VZ Access manager to connect to these hotspots. When connecting via VZ Access it will provide the authentication details for you.

If you don't use VZ Access and instead try connecting using Windows the authentication will fail and you will not gain access.

0 Likes
itgirl

Thanks so much, this has definitely answered my questions.

0 Likes