Can you hear me now? No you can't because the call was dropped.
bckmcc

Hi,

I switched to verizon about one year ago, excited about the great coverage they advertise. But coverage has recently stopped in my area, which is close to a large city plus I used to have great coverage.  When I call tech support they say that I should have coverage and it must be my phone because no one else has called them about this issue. Keep in mind that all phones in my contract have experienced this loss in service at the same time, which tech support admitted it unlikely they "broke" at the same time, same way, yet are magically unbroken in every other city/area Smiley Happy (my phone works awesome everywhere else and I don't want to give up my working "baby" aka galaxy for a refurbished one needlessly). My husband took a trip to our local verizon store who informed us that people in our area ARE indeed having the same problem as us, as a tower was removed from our area. (thats odd, tech support was pretty confident when they said that I am the ONLY one and that their towers are great, no changes recently).

Now I don't mind things that are out of Verizon's control such as disputes between verizon and the city, but I do mind being lied to and told its my or my device's issue. So, can verizon verify this tower issue or does anyone else know how to find out the status of a tower (not really sure how that works). Yesterday I took a bike ride around my city and no service anywhere. I start dropping calls as I approach my town. It's like a bad joke or a ploy to make me keep my landline (just kidding but seriously that's why I have to keep my landline ).

I want this to work between us Verizon, I really do. But I don't have any more time to sit on the phone with tech support (literally I don't have the time).

Zip Code: 53110

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can you hear me now? No you can't because the call was dropped.
bckmcc

?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out bckmcc
I'm not showing any known issues in the area. I wouldn't go the replacement route yet. I would First try powering down and remove and reinsert the sim card and retest. Does service improve outdoors? Have we opened a ticket for the area?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bckmcc

Verizon opened a ticket twice. It wasn't my phone. The city sent out a letter stating that Verizon tower was taken down to them painting the water tower and that Cudahy tried to reach out to Verizon to reinstall due to complaints from Verizon customers, who were the only wireless customers to have the issue (as stated in the city's letter). It seems like the service has improved so maybe the tower is back up now.  Still, my conversations with Verizon tech support during this service-less time left me with a very bitter taste.  I guess I wasn't the only one to complain contrary to what one tech support employee told me. Thanks for responding.

0 Likes