Can the T2000 Differentiate Between a Fax and a Normal Call?
emarenoff

I just ported my home phone and fax numbers over to Verizon using the T2000.  While the fax number itself didn't actually port, I am using one of the ports in the back of the T2000 to support my fax machine, which I was told in the store it could do.  When someone dials my home number, they would be able to send a fax or talk, I was told.

However, when a normal call comes in, the caller hears the normal ring tone and then hears the fax beep as well.  I tried changing my fax pickup to four rings and then tried another call picking the phone up after two rings.  No success.  Same scenario.

Is the T2000 able to differentiate between a normal call and a fax?  If not, I was sold a bill of goods with false information.  That would be very disappointing to hear.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can the T2000 Differentiate Between a Fax and a Normal Call?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See item 8 in the FAQs. Wireless Home Phone FAQs | Verizon Wireless

The rep you spoke to needs additional training.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay, the FAQs might need to be updated. The specs say the t2000 is compatible with the group 3 type fax machines. How exactly I don't know. Wireless Home Phone T2000 | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fax Services - Wireless Home Phone T2000 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes