Can't upgrade with less than a month on contract left....don't want "The Edge" program either
Brandy0725
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I are both due for upgrades May 14, 2014 (less than a month away)- we were refused a new 2 year contract with the purchase of 2 Samsung S5 phones yesterday in store and told to call customer service and they would adjust our update date.  After 45 minutes on the phone with them, mostly on hold waiting to speak with a supervisor because their cs rep was rude, we were told they would approve an early upgrade for any phone EXCEPT the one we want.  They would rather makes us wait to upgrade 30 days, with my husbands phone not holding a charge, and allow us time to decide which provider we want to move to than sign us to two new two year contracts.  Is this how loyal customers are treated?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't upgrade with less than a month on contract left....don't want "The Edge" program either
Sweetest

CAUTION: If u currently have an UNLIMITED DATA PLAN... then, u do NOT  want to use your upgrade, because u loose it, after the upgrade!!! ... I still have the old UNLIMITED DATA PLAN, because, they told me, I'd loose it, if I upgraded... only way to keep your unlimited data plan, is to get a phone from online... Amazon, ebay, or pay full price for a phone,which stinks, but it's better then loosing unlimited data!

0 Likes
Re: Can't upgrade with less than a month on contract left....don't want "The Edge" program either
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you purchase phone from Amazon with the two year contract price, you will lose the unlimited data plan in that situation too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes