Can't upgrade because of "prior debt" hold from 4 YEARS AGO.
jeniiie

I am at my last straw concerning Verizon Financial Services.

I am due for an upgrade on my line from my family plan. I went to five different Verizon stores and tried to get my phone upgraded with no success because of a "prior debt" hold on my account.

First, I talked to customer care, then I was forwarded to "Financial Services". Alice from that department told me that the RELEASE from that account was not updated and this would all be RESOLVED. She promised to call me at 5PM, but there was no call. I visited several Verizon stores and after visiting the last one; I was told to wait 24 HOURS for their "system" to get "updated", whatever that means.

This prior debt was for $81.72 but FINANCIAL SERVICES could not even clearly explain what this charge was for. This charge was from November 2009.

Why would they bring this up now? My mother on my family plan had no problem upgrading earlier this year. If we really had unresolved debt from 2009; does it not make sense to inform us sooner and get THEIR (FINANCIAL SERVICES) money?

Why wait now? Is it because I am upgrading to an Iphone 5S? Does Verizon really have to stoop this low and prevent people from buying phones?

Why would it take so long to update a release on a bill?

If this is not resolved within 24 hours. I WILL terminate my contract contact my lawyer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't upgrade because of "prior debt" hold from 4 YEARS AGO.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to upgrade using the Edge program? There are other methods to upgrade besides that way.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

Good point Ann, if upgrading with either the device payment plan or the Edge plan, the OP would first have to pass a credit check. If upgrading by paying the full amount at point of purchase or paying the full discount amount at point of purchase, no credit check.

jeniiie

No I did not go in for the Edge upgrade. I went in for a regular discounted upgrade on one of my lines and now I have been on hold for the past 2 hours trying to get these idiots to let me upgrade.

I do not even have a phone with me because it was stolen.

0 Likes