Can't swap devices on account
Sandy12341
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have recently purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro and under the promotion I also needed to purchase a new line. I would like to swap numbers on my account now - move the new number to my old iPhone 11 Pro and move the iPhone 11 Pro number to the new iPhone 12 pro. When I attempt to swap in my account, I am able to select both phones I wish to swap. When I click continue I receive the message: We are unable to find the details in our system for this device. I'm unable to swap numbers at this time. Any ideas?

Re: Can't swap devices on account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Sandy12341. We want you to be able to swap your devices and use the right phone with the correct phone number. Are you following the instructions as per this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/swap-devices/)?

Try a different web browser and let us know if this resolves the issue. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
jrsmolik

I'm having the same issue, tried on Chrome and on Edge, same error message "We are unable to find the details in your system for this device." Trying to switch line over to a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, re-entered IMEI multiple times. 

0 Likes
jlittle3

I'm having the same issue today, it just says "We are unable to find the details in our system for this device." When I try to swap them. I tried 3 different browsers and a different wifi network. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jlittle3, thank you so much for reaching out. We want to make sure that you can swap your devices. I know this was posted a few days ago, were you able to get the devices swapped? Have you tried to clear the cache, cookies, and history on the web browser to see if that will allow the change to happen? 

0 Likes
brendenr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you find a solution? I have the same question/problem

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brendenr, You can activate the devices on other numbers, however the agreement will need to stay assigned to the number it was purchased with to maintain the promotion. If you need help moving devices around on your account, send a Private Note for assistance. 

*Bee

0 Likes