Can't make international call
ckittydo

Hello,

I tried to call the UK this morning, a number that is active and I have used in the past and I keep getting Verizon saying they cannot complete the call.. as in the past,  I used 011 44 and then the number.. why all of a sudden am I not able to complete the call?.. has something changed with Verizon??.. Verizon didn't say why they couldn't complete  the call...

Private information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International calling
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You have to have International Dialing allowed on your line because akin this type of call requires that you pay per minute you are on the call. Customer service should have been able to help you with that. You can try 1-800-711-8300 to get to Global Support. They may be more helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ckittydo

Is there anyone in Verizon that can help me with this?.. tried the star and 611 route and got sales pitches, etc...

Larry Woller

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You have to have International Dialing allowed on your line because akin this type of call requires that you pay per minute you are on the call. Customer service should have been able to help you with that. You can try 1-800-711-8300 to get to Global Support. They may be more helpful.

0 Likes
ckittydo

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt answer and help!!.. We had changed plans about a month ago and updated phones, etc and was not aware that part of the plan had changed...smile.. went to My Verizon and supposedly have it allowed, will try tomorrow...

Again, thanks very much for the help and have a wonderful day and everyday thereafter!!

Larry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ckittydo, let's get you connected to your friends/family in the UK today! You will need the free International Dialing feature to your line to enable international calling from your wireless device. You may do so online at My Verizon. Just click http://vz.to/1kQBcDj for all the information you need regarding how to make an international call from your device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
minniebell

How funny I cannot call out international and I am paying for the service since 6/8/2021.! That includes 800 numbers so the support number does me absolutely no good. Nor can my boyfriend who has the same service. This is the first time we have not had service for international calling. Very frustrating. I am now telling all my friends and family to use whatsapp to contact me. That is the only thing that works.!!!! $10/day very poor process

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes