Can't connect to internet on LTE-iPhone 6S
PJCRAC73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since yesterday I have been unable to connect to the internet when I am out of my house & not using my home wi-fi connection.  I have LTE turned on but when I am out of the house I get a message that the server is unavailable.  As soon as I am back home my phone is fine.  I initially thought it was because we had a severe thunderstorm yesterday & thought maybe the weather was interfering but today is sunny & clear & the phone still won't connect.  If a cell tower got hit by lightning would that interfere with service?  We have a gas station nearby that was hit & it knocked out their gas pumps.  This is the first time this has ever happened--I always have great service & no problems accessing the internet in my car or wherever outside the house. 

Labels (1)
Re: Can't connect to internet on LTE-iPhone 6S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected while on the go is important, PJCRAC73. It does sound normal that your data would work again when you return home and connect to your Wi-Fi. Severe storms can definitely damage cellular equipment. Let’s take a closer look into this. Any issues with phone calls or text messages? Any other Verizon users not able to use data too? What zip code?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PJCRAC73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t know if there were issues with phone calls or texts because I didn’t need to make them on the road. I was trying to access a website that we needed & there was no access to any website, even my home page & My Verizon app , Facebook, etc.--no apps or websites at all would open! I had between 3-5 bars of service & still nothing—the little pinwheel up next to the word “Verizon” at the top just kept spinning. My email was extremely slow downloading as well. I don’t know if any other Verizon users were having a problem. We were out today as well & I still have no access to anything on my phone while away from my house. My zip code is 29909 (Bluffton, SC).

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing if your other services are working away from home can be incredibly helpful, PJCRAC73. I don’t show any reported outages in that area. Let’s keep working on this. Next time you are away from home please dial #832 to make a test call, and try to send a text message to yourself. Let us know what happens. Was there any recent changes to your device before this started? Let’s make sure cellular data is enabled. You can do this under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data switch on.

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PJCRAC73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will make the test call tomorrow. I am home for the evening right now. I have no recent changes to my device & yes, cellular data is always turned on. I will keep you posted. I may end up going to the Verizon store on Wednesday. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the update. We'll be here when you need us.

EstebanP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PJCRAC73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thought I would update you on what happened with my iPhone. I stopped at the Verizon store yesterday after the problem I first reported continued—had 3-5 bars, LTE & Cellular turned on for voice & Data but unable to access the internet & all my apps when away from home. I was still able to make & receive calls & text but otherwise could not access the internet unless I was home on my own internet service. The gentleman checked all my settings & everything was good & set at what they were supposed to be. He ended up changing the SIM Card & installing a new one—that fixed the entire problem!! He said every so often the SIM Card will go bad, be defective, get damaged, whatever & as soon as the new SIM Card was put in everything was working normally again. I have had several different cell phones over the years & this is the first time I have ever had a SIM Card go bad. Happy to have my phone working again. Thanks!

0 Likes