Can't call or text a certain number
spacely8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello all.

I am actually not a Verizon member, I have AT&T, but I feel like I would get a better response here on Verizon.

My girlfriend has an iPhone 5s and has Verizon.  I have a Samsung Galaxy on AT&T.  Right now I'm located in Maryland while she's in Iowa

Recently about a couple days ago, for some odd reason, I cannot text or call her at all.  Everytime I call her I get a message "We're sorry, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions that has prevented the completion of your call, announcement 19 switch 150-1."

She can call and text me but I cannot call or text her

I've searched over the internet and learned this is usually a result of a blocked number but it's not the case here.  She's checked her blocked contacts and called Verizon and have told her that everything is fine on her end.  We've had to use other applications like Snapchat and Skype to contact each other and it's really annoying and I would really like to get some help on this.

I've already called AT&T and they've traced the call through when I call her and it goes through clear so they said the problem is not on my end.

If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't call or text a certain number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry you and your girlfriend are having issues contacting each other spacely8. This sounds like the result of either a block or our family base feature. Is she the main account owner on her line? Is she able to go online and check settings and features on her line? Are you able to call her from a different phone? 

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry you and your girlfriend are having issues contacting each other spacely8. This sounds like the result of either a block or our family base feature. Is she the main account owner on her line? Is she able to go online and check settings and features on her line? Are you able to call her from a different phone? 

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I want to STRONGLY suggest that she has effectively blocked you and hasn't figured out how to do it on  those other apps.

Buuuuuut....let's say that isn't the case. What she can do is ask them to do is file a trouble ticket. And if she isn't an account manager that may be difficult to do. Also, if you guys are in a certain age field where her family can monitor her usage through family base, perhaps the parents have blocked your number. Unfortunately tho, there isn't anything YOU can do at this time.

Sorry bud.

spacely8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to ask her to go to Verizon in the next couple days.  But right now we're using skype for texting and calling through video too.  Maybe it's this family base thing.  I know she's not the account manager as her mother is I believe.  I've tried other phones and they work, and other people have no problem with her phone.

It's just weird because she can call and text me but I cannot do the same.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like it is time to look for a new relationship. She's blocked you sir.

0 Likes
spacely8
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been together for a while and I video call her everyday dude....I'm not just pulling this out of nowhere

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Nah bruh....somebody blocked you...either her or her family....your time is limited. And with that distance? Move on. Like I said before....she hasn't figured out how to block you on other services, or she is stringing you along.

0 Likes
spacely8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Look man, I appreciate your advise but I'm not on a Verizon forum to look for some relationship advice.

If you got technical advice, advise.  If you don't, then don't

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Tech advice: you've been blocked. Once they learn how to block other social networking that will be done too. But for now, you have been blocked from communicating with your cell.

0 Likes