Can't block phone number?
gdesign

I am having the exact same problem... unable to complete your request, blah blah blah...

Is anyone else out there experiencing this? Is it possible (judging from the dates on these posts) that it STILL doesn't function correctly? Sad.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't block phone number?
verizonmoderator1

<New discussion created.>

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Works fine for me, are you placing *67 before the number when you dial the number?

0 Likes
gdesign

Hi WM,

No, I didn't place a *67 before the number... I don't dial it. It dials me. I took the number in question and input it in Google last night... shows up as a real problem for many many people all over the states, regardless of wireless carrier. It is a recorded message that, if one answers, will ask who you will vote for, but since there is no real human on the calling end, it doesn't really "hear" you answer... then launches into a vitriolic political tirade.

I am lucky that I have never answered the call, only listened to the brief msg that states "We may call back later." I am very concerned about this event... it happened last night at 2:32 am! I got the above information online from others who are experiencing this call. So I decided to see if I could block it entirely.

My number, which I have had through VZW for over ten years and never with another carrier, has NEVER been given out for business or purchasing purposes... that is what my Verizon land line is for! Thus, the blocking of it is very important to me.

At any rate, I tried perhaps 14 or 15 times, and finally... it did go through. For such a simple back-end server operation, it should not be this difficult to do. But at least it did go through and I didn't have to waste time on the phone.

Thanks, and I hope all of this information helps others with this problem-- well, one or the other of them (or both.)

LJG

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ah, you are speaking of incoming calls....  I use Call Blocker Gold from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=blacknWhite.CallBlocker.Gold&feature=search_result#?t=... and it does well to block any blocked numbers from callers.

0 Likes
gdesign

Yep, incoming. I checked out the link you posted... looks interesting. Thanks!

0 Likes
BeNT1

If you are talking about using the verizon free five number blocking, i had same issue. I found that before you block the number you must erase all trace of it from your phone, i.e. missed calls, texts, voicemails (especially voicemails), then block the number. Apparently, any trace of the number on your phone will allow "back door" access to the number calling you.

0 Likes
ziren

It may also help to *228 option 2 after adding a block.  which updates your phone's PRL and other programming.

0 Likes
gdesign

Hmm... will do, thanks!

0 Likes
gdesign

Yes, the free 5 number call blocking. Even if what you suggest isn't listed on the web page, why not do just that? It'll only take me a few minutes and it'll make me feel better to wipe that garbage off and out of my phone! Thanks for your input. Smiley Happy

And yes, I can see that it might have a 'backdoor' access if one's phone recognizes it in a category such as "previously received" etc etc.

Off to do a little phone maintenance now.

0 Likes