Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,295 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Can someone tell me who to call about a bad tower?
crabitha

My friends and I regularly spend time at a nature preserve that requires the use of gps and good signals. In the last couple of months all the Verizon users, no matter what phone, can’t get any reception making our phones all but useless. All the people with AT&T have excellent reception and it takes them a second to do something while we Verizon people spend 30-40 minutes fiddling around and give up.

We we did not have this problem last summer.  I’ve been wit Verizon a long time and don’t want to change wireless carrier but I don’t know how to get this fixed.

Also, does Sprint run on the same towers as Verizon? They have a decent deal but I have a feeling I’m going to be forced to switch to AT&T.

I am hoping to figure out how to get hold of the right person at Verizon. There is a dead zone only to Verizon for about 1-3 square miles. I’ve revorded the actual geo local if I can just find the right person to give it to. My sincerest hope is they have a broken satellite or tower and don’t know it. I don’t want to switch to AT&T. I’ve been with Verizon around 10 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can someone tell me who to call about a bad tower?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We never want to see you go. We can help you with any concerns regarding your service at *611 from your Verizon device. You can also contact us at, Facebook.com/Verizon, and via Twitter @VZWSupport. We know we can work to get you the best service.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bu11frog1971

Hi,,,I just read your thing,, and I actually went to see if someone had the same problem as me and sure enough you do,,, but mine is at home,,I go from 4g to 3g to tx,, when I do have 4g it's slow as Christmas,, mine started about two weeks ago,,, but for your answer,, you need to call Verizon and tell them you need to create a ticket for a service tower,, that's what I've had to do,,, now for me,, the only thing that has changed is I changed plans to the go unlimited,,, and I think it was a mistake because I just found out that if there is alot of traffic on there it will slow your Data down,,, well if that's the case it didn't slow it down some, it has slowed it down to a crawl,, just wanted to mention that in case someone you know or yourself is having a issue,, mine has been fine, until two weeks ago,,I go anywhere eles away from my town and it's fine,, it's just at my home and in my town,, just call and say you need to create that ticket,,takes like 24 to48:hours and you will get a text,, explaining what they found,, good luck,,cause if things don't change soon with me I'm leaving also

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Bu11frog1971 We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been having in your town. Having reliable service is essential, and we wouldn't want you to leave our Verizon family because of this. We're here to help. Please respond to our private message so we can better assist you. 

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bu11frog1971

I can't seem to really get no where with this issue,,, and I'm starting to think that's because nothing can/ or will be done about this,,, my mom lives down the road from me and tried to call my dad and had no service,, that's a very rare thing to not have service,, well use to be!! All I know is the tower we have is congested with alot of traffic and I'm guessing there's not alot that can be done about it except to find to another carrier,, which I don't really want to do,, but my daughter has metro pcs and her data speed is way way more then mine,, that's sad!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bu11frog1971. We want you to love your service. Please reply to our Private Message, so that we can best assist you. To reply to a Private Message, please sign in to the community forum, directly navigate to the community inbox to access the private message, and reply to it there.

0 Likes
largee22

For about the last month, I have been having issues with intermittent lost calls  and text notification sounds.  Prior to this, I had no trouble. In fact, for those who had other carriers for their personal phones, we gave them Verizon company phones.  I don't know if this is related to change to Unlimited Data (although changed in February) or cell tower coverage.  It does seem to vary but haven't figured out pattern as time of day or day of week varies.  I've had to resort to checking my phone frequently to see what I have missed.  I really need good connection, especially at work, as "having phone problems" when the boss or client calls is only excusable for the 1st or 2d time. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

crabitha, Bu11frog1971, largee22​, complaining without detailing your location doesn't help.  Hijacking threads doesn't help.  You can create a new thread and get personal responses that don't confuse those of the OP.  About the only thing to do is call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Bu11frog1971

I'm just curious,,I changed to the unlimited go in Feb,,, and it seems like

it was a few weeks maybe a month before I started having issues,,I was told

that my tower was very congested and that's why it's slow,,,I didn't have

the first issue till then though,,, Im looking for the common thing like

someone else that has switched to that recently,,, I'm prob going to get

out of the unlimited plan,, way to much money for something I can't use,,

seeing how it's not totally unlimited

0 Likes