Can no longer transfer upgrades between a jetpack?
thomas7723

I have searched over every document that Verizon has sent me and I can not find it anywhere that says that they have changed this policy. As I have done in the past, I went to swap my current upgrade from my jetpack to a phone line and the rep in the corporate store advised that they no longer are able to do it in the stores, but if I were to call in and speak directly to a phone rep, they could complete the upgrade. Of course I call and am told no, they no longer transfer upgrades from jetpacks to phone lines. So why even offer a jetpack when every phone is a hotspot? Do you really not want a renewed two year contract? None of this makes any sense, and again I can not find where they sent this change in policy out to their customers. May be time to make the switch to AT&T.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can no longer transfer upgrades between a jetpack?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/04/verizon-wireless-upgrade-statement.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The change came about along with the elimination of the 20 month upgrade, and the advent of the Share Everything plans.  Specifically:

• Customers may continue to share an upgrade with another person on an account if that customer is upgrading to a device within the same equipment category. Customers can utilize a phone upgrade to purchase a new phone; however, the option to transfer upgrades from non-phone devices (such as a Jetpack or tablet) will no longer be available
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thanks for helping us support thomas7723 by providing information about the new upgrade policy. Customers may continue to share an upgrade with another person on an account if that customer is upgrading to a device within the same equipment category. Customers can utilize a phone upgrade to purchase a new phone; however, the option to transfer upgrades from non-phone devices (such as a Jetpack or tablet) will no longer be available.  

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes