Can i go into a vzw corp store and grab a nano sim for my account without having the actual phone with me?
g35greek

Thinking of getting an unlocked moto x and i wanted to get the nano sim ahead of time. dont see what the issue would be but i want to make sure before i waste my time

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can i go into a vzw corp store and grab a nano sim for my account without having the actual phone with me?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Since you don't know what the issue would be, I'll be glad to tell you.

The sim has to be ACTIVATED before you can use it. Therefore if you don't have a phone right then and there, you won't be getting a sim card.

Re: Can i go into a vzw corp store and grab a nano sim for my account without having the actual phone with me?
Not applicable

That doesn't make sense. If you buy a phone online it comes with a SIM card but it isn't activated yet. So why can't you get a SIM card from the store and take it home and activate it there?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An unlocked Moto X? Please be sure it is a Verizon Wireless branded version of the phone. Otherwise you won't be able to activate it on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

g35greek

What about a nexus 6? If I manage to pre order that could I just go and get a nano sim? Its been confirmed working. I'm on a galaxy nexus right now and its microsim. I just need to know if them give me a nano sim without issues. If they do how do I go about activating it when I receive the phone?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

My experience is the stores will not give you a SIM without a phone. I was sent away when I tried that.  The only explanation was policy, not any technical thing that actually made sense.  

0 Likes
g35greek

I just talked to an online rep he said they should give without the phone. Whether he's full of junk or not I'm not sure.  Sort of messed up if they don't give you the sim its not like you're doing anything wrong

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Good luck.   I got the same it isn't problem line, but  2 different stores wouldn't give me the SIM until I got the phone (actually it was an iPad).  I agree with you, it was ridiculous. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You also can call Customer Service or ask during a chat session and have them mail you one.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

BBecause you just can't. It has to be scanned into the account along with the phones Esn for activation. Otherwise it's not tied to a number. And just to back up other statements, you can't bring an unlocked phone to Verizon.