Can anyone help this old man on transferring pictures from phone to online ?
Chipster1960
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Convoy flip phone. I am trying to transfer my pictures of my dog and nephews to Verizon online so I can show them off on Facebook to friends. I have the cloud thing activated online for my account. I keep trying to send pictures from my phone and it is not working. I think it may be because my phone is not an android. Can I upload photos from a flip phone (Non android phone) to my Verizon account online ? I hope I won`t be force to have to upgrade my phone to an android, I am hoping there is still a way with my flip phone which I like using. Can anyone help me ? I am not exactly an expert when it comes to fancy phones, I like to keep it simple. Thanks for any help I get, much appreciate, happy holidays y`all ! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can anyone help this old man on transferring pictures from phone to online ?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Re: Can anyone help this old man on transferring pictures from phone to online ?
Chipster1960
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the record, I was uploading from my flip cell phone to my Verizon online account just fine till they add this cloud app. Am not sure if there is a way to still do this on a flip phone or it has to now be done on a smartphone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if this post helps:

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chipster1960 wrote:

I have a Samsung Convoy flip phone. I am trying to transfer my pictures of my dog and nephews to Verizon online so I can show them off on Facebook to friends. 

You don't need the intermediate step of uploading to Verizon; you can upload directly to Facebook from your phone.  You need to go to your Facebook account, and set up your mobile number; then you will get a personalized email address and you can send a text message with the picture and any caption you want to that email address and it will show up as a mobile upload on your timeline.

You *used* to be able to text a status update or a pic to 32665 (FBOOK) but that didn't always work.

Chipster1960
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you tikibar1, it took me a little time to download the software needed and figuring out the steps to hook up the phone to my computer. Long story short, I finally figure it all out with much help from the link you gave me. I can now upload from my phone to my computer using the usb connection. Much appreciated, happy holidays. Smiley Happy

Chipster1960
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you SuzyQ, I`ll try that, have a happy holiday. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
boxers_rule
Enthusiast - Level 1

Or, to make your pics last "forever," just take the microscan disc out of your phone, put it in your PC or laptop, then directly upload pics, or send them everywhere; you can first edit them, crop them, etc., and you'll have the originals and the cropped or edited pics - in any forms your choose - forever!  Or, you can transfer your pics to your computer (via usb, as suggested previously) first, fix them up, save them, then send!

Happy Holidays!  Woof!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome!  Happy Holidays!

Chipster1960
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you jackson boxer, I like your idea, Am going shopping today to buy this usb thing to insert memory card from phone and then plug it into the computer. I had been doing it the hard way all along when there were much easier ways of doing it, am disappointed that Verizon did not include those easier ways of doing it in the phone manuals. I keep learning news things everyday with technology. It is amazing what they can do nowadays, if you had ask me when I was a teenager on today`s phone and technology, I would have laughed it off. lol Smiley Happy Happy Holidays to you too ! Beautiful dog you have. My dog says woof ! (She is a female Rottweiler)

0 Likes