Can any Verizon smartphone be used on the prepaid smartphone plans?
Solanco21

I currently have the HTC Rhyme set up on a $60 smartphone prepaid plan through verizon but I want a better phone. If I were to get a different phone from a friend, lets say the Samsung galaxy S3 then could I switch the plan over too that phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can any Verizon smartphone be used on the prepaid smartphone plans?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

4G LTE phones can't be used on prepaid.

0 Likes
Solanco21

How am I suppose to know which phones aren't 4g LTE because I want to get the best phone possible for a prepaid plan? Is there a list of usable phones or anything like that?

0 Likes
HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

Most 4G phones have it printed on the phone itself stating its a 4G device.

If you're going prepaid, you seriously will not be getting a good assortment of phones to choose from. I would recommend going into a store to see the selection though.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most phones on Verizon's site are 4G LTE phones; they are readily identified as such when you view them on-line.  Unfortunately, for prepaid, you're limited to 3G phones, such as the Rhyme.

0 Likes
Solanco21

Yeah I understand that but Is there a list of 3g phones for verizon so I can find which one I like best?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

For current phones, you can go here:

Set Your Location

and look for phones without the 4G LTE symbol (be sure to click the blue Show All button on the upper left).  There also may be some discontinued phones that you like as well that you could find new on ebay or elsewhere; you might want to Google Verizon 3G phones.

0 Likes