Can an active device on payment plan be replaced?
athomas7989

I am eligible for an upgrade on my current phone. However, the phone I'd like to upgrade to is on back order. I was wondering if I could buy a Verizon phone and replace my current phone that's eligible even though there is still a balance on it. It would be great if I copuld just replace the phone and keep paying on it. I don't mind doing that at all. Thank in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can an active device on payment plan be replaced?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as your line remains active, and you keep making the payments on the device, you can have any device on that line.  You still need to complete the payment agreement on the original phone.

When you talk about buying another Verizon phone to replace your current one, that would be a separate transaction.  You can buy another phone, outright, but you  would still need to complete the payments on the original.  In order to make payments on the second phone, you would need to put it on a new line, OR payoff the balance on the first phone before starting another agreement on a new phone.

If i've misunderstood your question, or if you have further questions, post back.

View solution in original post

Re: Can an active device on payment plan be replaced?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as your line remains active, and you keep making the payments on the device, you can have any device on that line.  You still need to complete the payment agreement on the original phone.

When you talk about buying another Verizon phone to replace your current one, that would be a separate transaction.  You can buy another phone, outright, but you  would still need to complete the payments on the original.  In order to make payments on the second phone, you would need to put it on a new line, OR payoff the balance on the first phone before starting another agreement on a new phone.

If i've misunderstood your question, or if you have further questions, post back.