Can VZW do anything about harassing cell phone calls from TMobile?
WalknTalk

Can VZW do anything about harassing cell phone calls from TMobile? Here is the experience I had today:

I've been missing calls on my cell because I tend to either keep it in my purse or turned off. I found the same # missed 5 or 6 times a day for several weeks so I decided to call it. FYI it's 877 856-1682.

They answered Verizon Wireless, my carrier, and asked for my #. I told them I had been getting many calls from this #. The young man said :Let me connect you to a representative." 

After a couple seconds a young woman answered "T Mobile." 

Me: "Pardon me, What company did did you say you were with?" Her: :"T Mobile May I have your #?"

Me: "I want you to stop calling my cell."

Her: "What is your number?"

Me: "My # is xxxxxxxxx" I don't want your company calling me again."

Her: "And your name?"

Me: "You shouldn't need my name."

Her: "I'm just trying to be sure we block the correct number"

I gave her my last name only and she advised me she would take car of putting my # on their do not call list. 

I will say this, she was pleasant. Much more pleasant than I was.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can VZW do anything about harassing cell phone calls from TMobile?
Tidbits
Legend

We're you  T-Mobile customer prior to this? There's been random number spoofing that's been happening and also some people at times put in the wrong number when doing things.

I have gotten calls from Sprint. They have 808-282 on file. After investigating on my own the number should have been 808-292 but the guy has bad handwriting. Yes all the other numbers were exactly the same. There's even a person that has 808-272 lol.

0 Likes
WalknTalk

I’ve never been a T-Mobile customer. I’m a VZ retiree.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am going to guess that it was someone putting their number down and it was either inputted into their system wrong or the handwriting was terrible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know unwanted phone calls can be annoying WalknTalk. You can easily set up your Safeguard and controls here: https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccount.verizonwi... Are you now a customer?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes