Can I use tablets as wi-fi only?
frr_185

I want to buy 2 Asus ZenPads for Christmas.

If I buy them from Verizon, do I need to add them as 2 more devices to my plan or can I just use them with wifi and not use mobile data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Asus ZenPads
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are purchasing from Verizon Wireless, you are getting the cellular models. You will need purchase them at the full retail price in one lump sum. Verizon will want to activate them on your account so you will likely have to have them on the account for at least one billing cycle.

If you don't intend to ever use them on cellular, you should purchase the wifi only versions from a another site and not purchase the cellular models from Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are purchasing from Verizon Wireless, you are getting the cellular models. You will need purchase them at the full retail price in one lump sum. Verizon will want to activate them on your account so you will likely have to have them on the account for at least one billing cycle.

If you don't intend to ever use them on cellular, you should purchase the wifi only versions from a another site and not purchase the cellular models from Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also consider that 4G/LTE variants cost more than WiFi-only models. 4G/LTE versions make sense for "power users" who do a lot of work on the run. For the rest of us, Ann said it best.

0 Likes