Can I use my device with unlimited data as a mobile hotspot?
swiftchic

Hello,

I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan and was told i couldnt use my phone as a hotspot or i would lose the unlimited data is that correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: hot spot with unlimited data phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Incorrect. You can definitely use your phone as a mobile hotspot. However the person who told you the earlier information wasn't aware or the question was asked in such a way for them to not know the best answer.

The correct information.

Phones with the unlimited data plan doesn't have the hotspot feature included in the smartphone data plan. You can however add it as a feature for an additional charge. When you sign into your MyVerizon account online, don't, I repeat don't, go to the change data plan area of the MyVerizon account. You need to got to the Change Features area instead. In the Change Features area, select the Mobile Hotspot feature for unlimited data plan which is $30 per month and add it to your account. Your line will then have a charge for the unlimited data plan of $49.99 per month and a separate line charge for the mobile hotspot feature at $30 per month. Your voice and text message plan charges won't change.

If you are wondering how I know this. I happen to have the unlimited data plan and the mobile hotspot feature on my line of service. I can provide a screenshot if necessary too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: hot spot with unlimited data phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Incorrect. You can definitely use your phone as a mobile hotspot. However the person who told you the earlier information wasn't aware or the question was asked in such a way for them to not know the best answer.

The correct information.

Phones with the unlimited data plan doesn't have the hotspot feature included in the smartphone data plan. You can however add it as a feature for an additional charge. When you sign into your MyVerizon account online, don't, I repeat don't, go to the change data plan area of the MyVerizon account. You need to got to the Change Features area instead. In the Change Features area, select the Mobile Hotspot feature for unlimited data plan which is $30 per month and add it to your account. Your line will then have a charge for the unlimited data plan of $49.99 per month and a separate line charge for the mobile hotspot feature at $30 per month. Your voice and text message plan charges won't change.

If you are wondering how I know this. I happen to have the unlimited data plan and the mobile hotspot feature on my line of service. I can provide a screenshot if necessary too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.