Re: Can I upgrade early and leave unlimited data plan?
Snn5
Legend

If you are under contract you will be returning the phones, not getting credit for them.  Having no contract the lines would be $20 each.  Phones on DPPs are a set amount each month and no credit will adjust the total price divided by 24 months.  You can say that the credit, if you had one, would be applied to the bill but not each phone payment.  The only way to trade in your phones for credit is if you were out of contract.  But, I'm not sure you have answered that question yet.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, as stated I'm still in contract, the contract runs out in March '16. If that't what your referring to as not answered yet?

"You can say that the credit, if you had one, would be applied to the bill but not each phone payment."

I was told the exact opposite, It was said as long as your trading a device in inside a store that the phone trade in credit would be subtracted from the total cost of the phone and then the monthly price would be adjusted.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That sounds like salesman sophistry.  I asked about a trade in credit not 2 days ago and basically the money is the money either way, it's a matter of how you word where and when it is spent.  Example:  Take a $200 credit, you save $200 on the bill, that might include the phone payment, but when that $200 credit is spent, you go back to the usual monthly payment price and the service and data costs.  Again, still $200 credit, but it doesn't change the price of the phone payments unless you made a large down payment of $200.  However, being under contract, IF you were to be allowed an Early Upgrade, the current contract phones would have to be turned in to compensate for the Early Termination Fee, since you would be cancelling that contract so that you could upgrade early.  You wouldn't receive credit for contract phones that were used on contract lines where the contract terms were not fulfilled to term.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

This is why people hate Verizon

"That sounds like salesman sophistry.  I asked about a trade in credit not 2 days ago and basically the money is the money either way, it's a matter of how you word where and when it is spent. "

Like you said a few posts back, the training is incomplete and very sparse!

I'm just frustrated now that after all this time spent I've learned I cannot do what I was told I could. Ya know? If you can't tell I haven't made changes to my plan in over 10 years! Been very happy, didn't need to change a thing. Well until I had an issue last month and they removed a partial credit that has been on my account for years! But until then, super happy. Now.. Now I'm just frustrated at the situation and time wasted..

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

Snn5
Legend

This is my advise:  Finish your original contract.  Be clear and free.  Then look at plans, phones, prices and promos at THAT time.  Getting a great deal early sounds nice, but the pitfalls are that it is an irregular thing, unadvertised and reps are generally not informed of these workarounds or customer-created and crafted loopholes.  When we get off the script and away from printed and easily viewable details, we run the risk of misinterpretation and money, time, resources lost.

Just finish what was started and then start afresh and anew if need be.