Can I upgrade a phone using an upgrade from different line that has an iPhone on it without losing the iPhone's plan?
zasw

I have a Alias 2 which is starting to break down. I want to upgrade it to a Droid Razr Max. I don't have an upgrade, but a different line on my account does. However that line has an iPhone on it with an unlimited plan. I know I can just order the Droid for that line and the activate it in place of my Alias. My question is, since you have to select the plan for the droid when you are ordering it in place of the iPhone (data, txting, etc), will doing this mess up the iPhone's plan? even though i am not planning on activating it for that number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade a phone using an upgrade from different line that has an iPhone on it without losing the iPhone's plan?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you're going to order it, do so TODAY if you want to keep unlimited.  Beginning tomorrow, you'll be forced to downgrade to a tiered data plan if you use the upgrade on that line.

0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade a phone using an upgrade from different line that has an iPhone on it without losing the iPhone's plan?
zasw

Ok, but the thing is, I don't want to change the unlimited plan over to the droid, I want to keep it on the iPhone, and activate the droid for a different line..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Unlimited data is still allowed on upgrades as of today (that changes tomorrow) so even if you upgrade on that line, it would allow you to keep the unlimited data.  If you're buying in store, just tell them that you want to transfer the upgrade from the iphone line to your line.  The contract date on the iPhone line will be pushed out but the unlimited data won't be affected.

0 Likes
zasw

ok, thank you very much Smiley Happy

0 Likes