Can I turn in my phone and go to another carrier?
alexx13lovesu

I just got the iphone 6s in september, I am wondering if I can turn in my phone to verizon and go to another carrier free of charge as the salesman I talked to said this wasn't a contract I assumed instead of paying my phone off and keeping it and leaving I could turn it back into them and leave.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can I turn in my phone and go to another carrier?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon would accept your phone with their trade-in program and give you a gift card in exchange that you could use to pay towards your bill, but they don't usually offer market value for phones. You can appraise it on their website or at a store to find out the amount they'll offer. Selling the device to a 3rd party, or site like Gazelle.com is usually a better deal, and you could use that money to pay towards your bill. Or if you go to another carrier you could keep your phone and use it on a competitors network since it is unlocked. Also some carriers run specials sometime to offer compensation for switching over to cover your expenses for switching, so that could be a good option too. You mentioned 'paying off your phone' so if you are on a monthly device payment plan you're correct, those do not require a service contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you as part of the Verizon Wireless family. What has you considering leaving us?

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alexx13lovesu

Awesome, Thank you for the tips. It's really appreciated. I am skeptical about other carriers actually paying my remaining balence because I feel like it's too good to be true haha, so I will check out gazelle

0 Likes
alexx13lovesu

I followed you on twitter and tweeted you.

0 Likes
alexx13lovesu

if I sell my phone on a 3rd party site, how do I tell verizon that? do I just cancel my service on the phone?

0 Likes
emerald_eyez
Contributor - Level 1

If you sell the phone on a third party site, you need to cancel service with Verizon for the phone number that was attached to that phone or the buyer will not be able to use it.  So yes, call Verizon and let them know that you want to disconnect the line so they can get it canceled.

0 Likes