Can I send texts through Verizon Wireless site?
DIAMONDJIM325
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can text messages be sent from any phone on the account or just the account holder's phone number?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending texts through Verizon Wireless site
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can IF you log in using the number you want to send the text from.  Each line on the account can (and should) have it's own MyVerizon account, login and password.  Only the account owner can see all the lines on the account; the secondary lines can see their own usage.

The account also gives each line access to their own cloud storage, and line specific stuff like ringtones, ringbacks and other subscription services.

If you are having trouble registering the other lines (account is already registered, or something similar)  then log out, clear cookies, and retry.  Or go to a different browser and register the other number(s).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Doesn't let me when I try to sign in from a web page on a different phone...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you mean sending texts from the Verizon Messages web app?  That would depend on which phone number the app is linked to.  When Messages + was set up, it prompted for the phone number to sync with, and that is the number that texts are received from.

If you are not talking about the Messages+ app, then please clarify?

0 Likes
DIAMONDJIM325
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply Suzy!

When I'm on the Verizon Wireless site and go to "Send a Message", the phone number from which the message can be sent from is the primary number on the account.  Can I send/receive messages from any other phones on the account?

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can IF you log in using the number you want to send the text from.  Each line on the account can (and should) have it's own MyVerizon account, login and password.  Only the account owner can see all the lines on the account; the secondary lines can see their own usage.

The account also gives each line access to their own cloud storage, and line specific stuff like ringtones, ringbacks and other subscription services.

If you are having trouble registering the other lines (account is already registered, or something similar)  then log out, clear cookies, and retry.  Or go to a different browser and register the other number(s).

0 Likes