Can I sell my broken Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII?
toocmuchrun

I recently dropped my Samsung Galaxy SIII and the screen died (not cracked, just no display anymore).  I bought a used SIII, had it activated on my account and all is well.  My account is paid to date and in good standing.  Can I sell the broken SIII that can be activated and used on the Verizon network?  The reason I'm asking is that I read about Verizon blacklisting the ESN (electronic serial number) if you remove the phone from your account before the contract period is up.  The broken phone was a little over 1 year old, but I was not yet to my 2 year anniversary to get a discounted new phone. 

I noticed on eBay that even broken SIII phones were getting over $50.00.  I just don't want to advertise it if it has been blacklisted (Bad ESN) by Verizon.

Thanks for any info.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I sell my broken Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII?
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I would have to say you can sell it as your used SIII would be the one that would get blacklisted if you were to fail on your account. Or it is supposed to be that way since it is the same phone. I would just sell it unless you plan on letting you plan go? If not I would not worry and would just sell it and if any problems have them call you to get it straightened out. I have never heard of them blacklisted a phone for replacing it with another one.

0 Likes