Can I put a single dataplan on multiple phones in a family plan?
InfiniteZr0

Ok, so my dad has a Blackberry Storm and is currently paying $30 a month for his dataplan.

I was wondering if it's possible for me to take that dataplan and link it to my phone(more specifically a smart phone I would buy in the near future) Or would it be possible to have like a ~$40 dataplan that we can share.

I'm not keen on spending an extra $30 a month so I can get a new phone.

Also, is it possible for me to get my newevery2 discount back after it 'expired' Apparently if you don't use it after 6 months you lose it. My family has been with Verizon for like 7-8 years, so can I use that loyalty to get my discount back?

p.s. I guess I should note that the phones that I'm looking at are the Droid or the Nexus One(assuming that it really is coming to Verizon in the spring)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I put a single dataplan on multiple phones in a family plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

InfiniteZr0 wrote:

Ok, so my dad has a Blackberry Storm and is currently paying $30 a month for his dataplan.

I was wondering if it's possible for me to take that dataplan and link it to my phone(more specifically a smart phone I would buy in the near future) Or would it be possible to have like a ~$40 dataplan that we can share. No, data plans are individual, as are texting plans.  Only voice minutes are "shareable".

I'm not keen on spending an extra $30 a month so I can get a new phone.  That depends on the phone you choose, but it will either be $9.99 for a pathetic 25 MB, or $29.99 for unlimited data if you go with anything but a basic phone.

Also, is it possible for me to get my newevery2 discount back after it 'expired' Apparently if you don't use it after 6 months you lose it. My family has been with Verizon for like 7-8 years, so can I use that loyalty to get my discount back? I wasn't aware that the NE2 "expired" - only the primary line gets the NE2 though, so your line may not qualify for it.

p.s. I guess I should note that the phones that I'm looking at are the Droid or the Nexus One(assuming that it really is coming to Verizon in the spring)

0 Likes
InfiniteZr0

I see. Thanks for the info.

So if I get a smart phone like the Nexus One or the Droid, I'm going to have to get the $30 plan then right? The $10 probably won't be available for it? (I was planning on using the phone online only with wifi btw)

As far as the NE2, I checked to see if Verizon got any phones and subsequently checked my online profile and noticed that my NE2 was essentially reset. I did some(or actually a lot) of digging and found out that it supposedly expires 6 months after you become eligible.

True or not, according to my online profile, I'm not longer eligble for my NE2 until 2011

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

InfiniteZr0 wrote:

I see. Thanks for the info.

So if I get a smart phone like the Nexus One or the Droid, I'm going to have to get the $30 plan then right?  Yes. The $10 probably won't be available for it? That's correct, the Droid requires the $29.99 data plan.  Nexus One, if it comes to Verizon, will also require the $29.99 plan.  (I was planning on using the phone online only with wifi btw)  Still need the data plan.....

As far as the NE2, I checked to see if Verizon got any phones and subsequently checked my online profile and noticed that my NE2 was essentially reset. I did some(or actually a lot) of digging and found out that it supposedly expires 6 months after you become eligible.

True or not, according to my online profile, I'm not longer eligble for my NE2 until 2011 Did someone use your upgrade?  When did you last get a new phone?  Are you sure it was NE2?  Or just your upgrade eligibility date?  The NE2 only applies to the primary line on a family share plan.

0 Likes
freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3
The ne2 applies to any line w/ an access of 39.99 or higher, so secondary lines normally do not qualify, and it is possible that someone stole your upgrade... anybody else on your plan recently get a new phone??
0 Likes