Can I port my phone number out of a multi-line business account?
AmyFurl

My phone is part of a multi-line business account.   I ported my personal phone number in to Verizon when I first was added to the business account.  They've now changed their rule to only supporting Iphones.  I'm sorry but I don't care for Iphones and plan to get an android on my own prepaid account through another carrier.  Would there be an issue porting my personal number out to the android line, since my line currently is one of several business lines under a business account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question on porting my phone number out of a multi-line business account
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You would have to talk to the person in charge of the business account. Some companies do not let you keep any number that is associated with that business. Meaning, if your agreement states, they don't have to release it back to you. Check with the person in charge of your business' account. They'll tell you what you need to do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You would have to talk to the person in charge of the business account. Some companies do not let you keep any number that is associated with that business. Meaning, if your agreement states, they don't have to release it back to you. Check with the person in charge of your business' account. They'll tell you what you need to do.

0 Likes
AmyFurl

Ok thanks.  I've had that number for many years. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I realize that you had that number before releasing liability to the job but you have to know that they own it now and they don't have to give it back to you. I am not saying that this is the case but it's possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmyFurl Our pleasure. We are here when you need us. http://vz.to/1iurlIn
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes