Can I keep my unlimited data plan with this method?
pcxp

Information:

Plan 1:

1 smart phone eligible for upgrade(not unlimited data)

1 smart phone eligible for upgrade(unlimited data)

Plan 2:

1 smart phone eligible for upgrade(not unlimited data)

Method 1:

Upgrade 1 smart phone eligible for upgrade(not unlimited data)

Transfer new phone to the one with unlimited data.

Method 2:

Upgrade 1 smart phone eligible for upgrade(not unlimited data) on plan 1

Upgrade 1 smart phone eligible for upgrade(not unlimited data) on plan 2

Transfer new phone from plan 1 to plan 2

Transfer new phone from plan 2 to plan 1 with unlimited data.

Would any of these methods work? Is there a #days i need to wait before i can transfer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I keep my unlimited data plan with this method?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Method 1 will work.

I believe Method 2 would work. If Plan 1 and Plan 2 are separate accounts, it essentially would be like someone on Plan 2 upgrading and selling a phone to someone on Plan 1 who activates an off-contract phone. As you probably know, the contract is tied to the phone number and line, not the phone, so I don't see why you couldn't swap devices between plans.

Re: your last question, I don't know. I've heard people say wait 24 hours because of activating LTE SIM cards, but I really don't know if that's true.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go to my post here: ( A Way to Upgrade and Keep that Unlimited   Then click on the Link I provided and it should help some in your Decision I will be Upgrading in the Next few Months around Feb. and this is the method that i will probably move too my Self as I have Unlimited Data as well and want to Keep it..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phone warranties may or may not transfer.  I've read that any phone transfer voids the warranty, and have also read that transferring within the same account keeps the warranties intact but that transferring them between two accounts voids them.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know that the option in your link about transferring upgrades works. It's been my understanding that transferring an upgrade from an unlimited data plan still results in that unlimited line being switched to a tiered data plan.  But there's at least one person on this forum who's reported doing it and successfully keeping their unlimited data (at least for now).  I'd say proceed with caution if you go that route, because you still may lose your unlimited data.

B33
Legend

Tiki not to put you on spot or anything like that.. but if you have the Info you read and it can be shared please Post it As I would like to see it and I'm sure other folks would as Well)  Thank you Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's been discussed at length in this forum if you want to do a search.