Can I have a line terminated without an ETF in the event of a death?

njmdad

My wife just passed away.  Can I terminate her phone without getting penalized with a early termination fee?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: My wife just passed away

HappyHelper

You can call 800 922 0204 and disconnect it then and there. No death certificate required, no ETF.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

WMack

Sadly, I have the same question.

0 Likes

Not applicable

I would guess a copy of the death certificate faxed or postal mailed to verizon wireless legal department would cancel out the line. If you have no contract then a simple call to customer service or a trip to a verizon wireless store can terminate that line.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Highlighted

HappyHelper

You can call 800 922 0204 and disconnect it then and there. No death certificate required, no ETF.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

michaeljtimko

This is true.

For Verizon's many shortcomings they do make this process easy.

About two years ago my mother in law passed away.  She had a line of service on my account with my wife.  one call to *611 a few days after her passing put everything in motion.  No proof or death certificate required or requested.

Her line of service dropped at the end of the billing cycle.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your wife njmdad. I know this can be a hard time and I'm here to help. I just sent you a private message. Please send me more details so that I can assist.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

CFurrDesign

I went to the Verizon Store and was told I would have to call.  I have been on hold for 40 minutes and on a live chat where unfortunately I am the only participant

0 Likes