Can I get coverage on the Cook Islands?
Garedog

Will my phone work on the Cook Islands?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I get coverage on the Cook Islands?
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon covers every state in the US, including Hawaii and Alaska and Pueto Rico.

Unless the US has annexed the Cook Islands over the weekend, no, you do not have coverage.  You can use roaming on their local network at whatever ridiculous roaming fee they charge Verizon.

Your options are to use a local SIM card with a local number while you visit, or add a travel package, for an additional cost, which will reduce the roaming fees.  Cheapest option, but not as easy, is pick up a local, prepaid SIM card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon covers every state in the US, including Hawaii and Alaska and Pueto Rico.

Unless the US has annexed the Cook Islands over the weekend, no, you do not have coverage.  You can use roaming on their local network at whatever ridiculous roaming fee they charge Verizon.

Your options are to use a local SIM card with a local number while you visit, or add a travel package, for an additional cost, which will reduce the roaming fees.  Cheapest option, but not as easy, is pick up a local, prepaid SIM card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garedog,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the community member forums. Sounds like you'll be on a nice trip. The Cook Islands do not have any sort of roaming agreements, so you would be looking at pay per use roaming costs. Depending on device type, service may be available. You can check this link for service costs as well as device compatability: http://vz.to/1L00y03

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes