Can I get 2 phones using the same number?
bright676
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to add another phone to me account but have the same number. In other words, 2 phones with the same telephone number.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I get 2 phones using the same number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bright676, I can understand wanting 2 phones to ring with the same number. At this time we do not have that particular function. Is there a reason why you are looking for this?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No, this is not possible.

Dblackwell83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually it is possible.  AT&The just started allowing it recently (numbersync).  Ithe is aimed at those with connected smart watches. Tmobile  has announced it as well.  I've not heard anything about Verizion offering it, but they are missing out if they don't..

Weth
Legend

Verizon also has this now with Message Plus. However, your primary phone must be HD Voice compatible.

This was not available 5 months ago when the post was written. 

I am not certain this would still be what the OP wanted. If you are looking to get 2 phones, with the same number and only 1 line charge and both phones having access to the cellular network that would not be possible.

0 Likes
Dblackwell83
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've seen talk about the Messages+ but it doesn't work with the Samsung Gear s2 3g. It would be nice for them to allow both devices to ring at the same time such as AT&T numbersync. Fingers crossed they eventually do allow it. If I am away from my gear currently, I can set up call forwarding, but, my cell will ring and then when VM would pick up normally, it will transfer to the gear. If I make a call, it shows up as my gears number, not my cell. (Not an issue when I am near my phone because of Bluetooth)

Weth
Legend

If you have a compatible device, Message Plus does ring both devices. Verizon has the function tied to HD Voice, but technically it does not seem that should be a requirement. I do have this turned on and it is a nice feature to have. Thanks for bringing the thread back up and giving an update!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bright676, I can understand wanting 2 phones to ring with the same number. At this time we do not have that particular function. Is there a reason why you are looking for this?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Contributor - Level 1

Because if your phone is at home and is turned off or the battery is dead, you will not get any text messages unless they are sent to the phone's number.

Because I do not want to make every one of my contacts add another number to my information and make them text to both numbers in case my phone is dead.

And if it's dead and I call from my watch (like it's designed to) they will answer my call, because it's coming from the number assigned to my phone (I don't always answer calls from numbers I don't recognize, do you?)

Because AT&T has NumberSync. So it IS possible.

That's why I want the same number for both the phone and the watch.

i thought it would be obvious, but I guess not.

lisaA449
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want a iphone to use at work on amazon flex and this job is hard on your phone, so want to use my old phone for work and new phone while off work. using the same number is that possible?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, devices with eSIM capability can use two different numbers at the same time, one with the physical SIM and one with the eSIM. However, there is not a capability for two different phones to use the same number.

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes