Can I extend the time before a call goes to voicemail?
DAMKOO8

Apparently, this is a feature that used to be available, but is no longer as of a few months ago and it is a causing a bit of frustration on my father's part. He leaves his phone in their sitting room because he doesn't want to be attached to a phone all the time and when he hears the ringer, is unable to get to it fast enough to catch it before it goes to voicemail. It's currently on the 15 second system.

I checked with both Tech Coach and Google and found that you used to be able to change the length of time you had before losing the call, but for some reason that option was removed.

Does anyone know if there is a work around or if Verizon plans on bringing that feature back?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Extension of Time Before Call Goes to Voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is set at 30 seconds at the system level and can't be changed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is set at 30 seconds at the system level and can't be changed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes changing the ringtone can help.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You have not been able to change the time of rings in years and not just a few months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAMKOO8, I understand this is important for you and I want to inform you that the the ring time before it goes to voicemail is set to 30 seconds by default. Due to platform upgrades in the voicemail system, adjusting the ring time is no longer supported in any market. I truly apologize for this inconvenience and confusion, just to clarify, is your father having any issues retrieving his voicemail?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Mines 15 seconds also and you replied it’s set to 30 that is incorrect I’ve been trying to make a 30 second ringtone and now that I’ve time it I know why it doesn’t work and you guessed it, it only rings for 15 seconds not 30 I myself would like it to ring for 30 not 15 

0 Likes
Daniel67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who would be responsible for this? Why, with the current state of technology, would this be something we are expected to simply accept? 
Somebody should fix this ASAP.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daniel67, I can understand your concerns regarding ring time prior to Voicemail being picked up. Voicemail is engaged approximately 30 seconds after a device begins ringing. This is a standard time and cannot be adjusted. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes