Can I change how long the phone rings before going to voice mail
spimpernel
Enthusiast - Level 2

My mom needs a little more time to be able to answer the phone before the call goes to voice mail.  Can I change how long the phone rings before going to voice mail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I change how long the phone rings before going to voice mail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is set at 30 seconds at the system level and can't be changed. You can try a different ringtone that starts louder at the start to see if it helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is set at 30 seconds at the system level and can't be changed. You can try a different ringtone that starts louder at the start to see if it helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spimpernel, I certainly understand how vitally important it is for your mother to be able to answer her phone before the call goes to voice mail. Verizon Wireless phones are programmed to send calls to voicemail after approximately 30 seconds; this may be 4 to 8 rings depending on your phone’s ringtone selection. These settings can no longer be modified. I apologize. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RAYTET53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you are lying on 30 seconds.  I tried with my office phone (not verizon) calling my mobile.  My phone did not ring, and my call was immediately connected to voicemail as if I were on the line.  I have SEVERAL calls each day where my phone does not ring.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Why do you think they would be lying?  To me, your problem sounds like your office/work phone system/network is having problems handing the call off to the Verizon Wireless network, or maybe your phone is having issues maintaining network connectivity.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Activating Do Not Disturb mode will send incoming calls directly to voice mail without first ringing the phone.

RAYTET53
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was a test. I tested because I have multiple messages per day where

my phone doesn't ring - including verizon mobile to verizon mobile.

The reason they would lie is to avoid upgrading their network capability.

This may be a local issue, but it is still an issue.

0 Likes
RAYTET53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not activated ever "do not disturb" mode.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is in a difficult reception area and has a poor or intermittent connection to the network, that might also cause fewer rings before a call is sent to voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's crucial that you receive all of your calls, RAYTET53. When we are looking at the ring time for incoming calls it is a standard set time of 30 seconds. In a situation where your phone is not ringing at all and you are missing calls this is a separate issue.

When did you start experiencing trouble with incoming calls? What is the zip code where you are missing calls? Does this happen when you are in a particular location? If so, do you also experience an issue with text and data (off WiFi) at the same location? Have you ever run into an issue with making calls?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes