Can I activate iphone 6 then switch back to original phone?
marty1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to purchase an iPhone 6 at Walmart as an upgrade for one of my family lines.  At issue is I am told I have to activate immediately, this will make the big reveal Christmas morning moot.  My question is, can I upgrade my daughters phone to iphone, then immediately switch her line back to her flip phone?

Thanks, Jim.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I activate iphone 6 then switch back to original phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marty1966, we don't want to ruin any gift ideas at all. I'm glad you are brining this up to our attention. Wal-Mart have a different guidelines as to how they need to process the order. But, you can always activate the iPhone and then once that is done, you would need to re-program the flip phone back to the network. You can always do that by turning off the iPhone and then dial *228 from the flip phone and select option 1 for programming. I hope this was able to address your concern.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marty1966, we don't want to ruin any gift ideas at all. I'm glad you are brining this up to our attention. Wal-Mart have a different guidelines as to how they need to process the order. But, you can always activate the iPhone and then once that is done, you would need to re-program the flip phone back to the network. You can always do that by turning off the iPhone and then dial *228 from the flip phone and select option 1 for programming. I hope this was able to address your concern.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
marty1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just remember that the voicemail system used on the iPhone is different from the voicemail system used on the old flip phone. You will lose any saved voicemails from the Verizon voicemail system and have to setup the voicemail system again when you reactivate the basic phone and again when you finally activate the iPhone at Christmas.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes