Can I Get The Unlimited Plan For $45 A Line?
JAMTES87

You unlimited data plan advertisement is very deceptive. Your TV ad and the ad on your web site, lead one to believe that you can get four lines with unlimited data, talk and text for $45 per line. That is false and deceptive advertising! I have been a Verizon customer for many years and I'm finding that your company is lacking in integrity.

The last several times I changed my plan at our local Verizon store, my monthly payment (each time) ended up being more than than your store associate told me it would be. I am very disappointment in Verizon.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: False and deceptive advertising
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JAMTES87 wrote:

... Your TV ad and the ad on your web site, lead one to believe that you can get four lines with unlimited data, talk and text for $45 per line.

It's not false, you CAN get this price.  IF you have no device payments currently.  And IF none of those 4 lines is in a contract.

$110 for unlimited data, talk, and text

$20 x 4 lines = $80

$10 discount for autopay

Total is $180 / 4 lines = $45 per line.

You still need to add taxes, any device payments, insurance.  And if those lines are currently in a contract, the line fee goes from $20 to $40.

But 4 lines for $45 each is possible if you own all your phones outright.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JAMTES87 wrote:

... Your TV ad and the ad on your web site, lead one to believe that you can get four lines with unlimited data, talk and text for $45 per line.

It's not false, you CAN get this price.  IF you have no device payments currently.  And IF none of those 4 lines is in a contract.

$110 for unlimited data, talk, and text

$20 x 4 lines = $80

$10 discount for autopay

Total is $180 / 4 lines = $45 per line.

You still need to add taxes, any device payments, insurance.  And if those lines are currently in a contract, the line fee goes from $20 to $40.

But 4 lines for $45 each is possible if you own all your phones outright.

JAMTES87

Your ad doesn’t say anything about device payments; it just says 4 lines with unlimited data for $45 for each line. Also, I talked with someone at your customer support and I didn’t find out about the device payments until I said I’ll take the new plan, and then he told me about the other charges. He also told me that there would be a $20 access fee for each line with the unlimited data plan. Say what you will, your ad is very misleading.

Jim 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Anyone who actually takes time to think about it should realize it couldn't possibly include phone purchase payments.

The prices of phones can be anywhere from $100 to $1000. IF phone payments were included, how do you think someone who purchases a $1000 phone could possibly be paying the same amount monthly as someone who purchases a $100 phone?

While the ad doesn't say phone payments are additional, it ALSO doesn't say the cost of a phone is included in that price. YOU made that assumption. Many others make no such assumption. Additionally, on Verizon's website phones and service are listed in 2 completely separate areas, under "Phones & Devices" and "Plans & Services". With your logic, if you go on the site to purchase a phone someone shouldn't have to pay extra for service since it doesn't specifically state the cost of service is additional. NO, in the "Phones & Devices" area of the website it lists PHONES available for purchase and the cost for those PHONES and in the "Plans & Services" area of the website is lists SERVICE PLANS available for purchase and the cost for those SERVICE PLANS. I have looked EVERYWHERE on Verizon's website and can't find anything stating the cost of purchasing a phone is included in the cost of service. If you could provide that link so I can get my free phone, I would certainly appreciate it.

People who purchase phones at retail outlets other than Verizon have to pay for their phones. They do not get a DISCOUNT on the price of Verizon's cellular service since they are not purchasing a phone from Verizon. People who make their phone purchases at a Verizon retail outlet have the same cost.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No carrier ad about the price of service includes the device payment.

Why? Because all devices are not the same price.

They don't include taxes either, why? Because they vary by your location.

You really should read the website and see how the $45 per line breaks out. Oh....wait...SuzyQ did that for you and you still deny that the math works out.

Sheesh!

0 Likes
JAMTES87

It seems to me that you’re the one who needs to look at your web site ad. I have included the info from your web for you. I am a long time Verizon customer and I don’t need to hear any more insulting remarks from any of your people. Have a great week!

Jim 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First, when you say "your" I hope that you're not talking to me. I have NOTHING to do with VZW, advertising or anything other than being a customer.

Exactly what information on the website regarding the unlimited plan is misleading?

NO PLAN pricing ever includes the cost of the device. It is always extra.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No one that has answered you is from Verizon Wireless ("your people"). All of them have been customers just like you and I. I do share there is nothing deceptive. The ads states $45/line based on 4 lines and that is true. Phones have been separate for quite a while now.

It is quite naïve to think you can get all the information you can get from the bold items in an ad or a 30 second TV commercial. It takes just a bit more work to review the details and review FAQs. There is also plenty of information available in different forums and technology news articles.

STEELBLUE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It very clearly states "Per month. Plus taxes and fees. When you enroll in auto pay."

You don't think they are going to give out $1000 phones?

0 Likes