Camera Lens Galaxy S7 Edge Trade In
JEFSEV98

Hello,

vzw_customer_support

​I am eligible to upgrade my Galaxy S7 Edge for an S8.  There is a crack in the camera lens on the back of the phone.  The crack does not affect the camera performance.  The camera lens is NOT listed on the list of defects which would incur charges if they were traded in (cracked LED screen, water damage, etc).  I want to make sure that when I trade in my S7 Edge, I do not get charged for having a cracked camera lens since it is not outlined anywhere in your terms and conditions of a trade in.

​Please verify that I am correct so I can proceed with my upgrade.

​Thank you!

​Jeff S.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Camera Lens Galaxy S7 Edge Trade In
pherson
Champion - Level 1

A crack regard of what or where it is will have negative impact on your trade in. There's no way around it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

A crack regard of what or where it is will have negative impact on your trade in. There's no way around it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A crack is still physical damage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JEFSEV98

Thanks for responding, I was just confused as to why the camera was not included in any of the documentation I found on this online.   I can just wait until my device is paid off to trade.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even after it is paid off, you won't be able to get any value from a trade-in through Verizon Wireless because of the physical damage to the device. If it is still usable, you can either keep it as a backup or sell it yourself through Swappa or another site.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JEFSEV98

Is there a link to where camera lens issues are listed as deal breakers?  Or, is there something that says any physical damage to the phone negates trade in value?  Nowhere in the screenshot below does it say either of those things.  They should probably update this to avoid potential upset customers in the future.

0 Likes
JEFSEV98

I suppose bullet 5 would possibly apply..but its a little vague.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bullet points 3 and 5 apply to the cracks for physical damage.

0 Likes
JEFSEV98

Thanks for your responses!

0 Likes