Calls to and from Germany in the U.S.?
Bazooka
Will I get charged extra if my sister calls from Germany to my phone? And will I get charged extra if I call her from my phone?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls to and from Germany in the U.S.?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Yup.   Nights & Weekends free calling applies to domestic calls.  Friends & Family provisions apply to domestic calls.   Finally, verizon does not recognize anything  special in the way of discounts for those in military service.    I'm not aware of any other carrier that does either to be fair.

dancingphone.gif

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Bazooka!   What you are talking about is International Calling.   It matters not who institutes the call as you are either way engaging your phone in an International Call.   I have provided a link below for the charges you can expect to incur for these types of calls.   As you can see from the chart if you are going to be speaking with Germany with any degree of regularity it would really pay for you to get the $3.99 coverage as there is a significant cost if you don't.      I hope this helps :smileyhappy:

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Long_Distance/Europe/Germany.html

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
Bazooka
Hmmm...and this applies regardless of nights and weekends or if I were on friends and family or in the Air Force?
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Yup.   Nights & Weekends free calling applies to domestic calls.  Friends & Family provisions apply to domestic calls.   Finally, verizon does not recognize anything  special in the way of discounts for those in military service.    I'm not aware of any other carrier that does either to be fair.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
Bazooka
Thanks for all the info!
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
Well hold on . . . LOL.   Apparently there may well be a 15% discount for military on equipment and plans!   I understand they used to do this and still may if you present a military ID or proof of active service.   You'd have to call to ask.   I got the below paragraph from another previous poster:

The quickest way to get a military/employee discount would be to log on to vzw.com/discounts.  After inputting the email address you were given by your job, you would be sent an email to that address.  Access that email and click 'next' to get started.  On the next page, select the 'Register your line' option.  Fill out the form on the next page and submit to apply the discount immediately.

Give it a try . . . and oh by the way . . . thanks for serving us!

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
Bazooka
I'm not in the Military my sister's husband is. She went with him when he got stationed in Germany, I was only wondering if there was some discount or something for calling them.
0 Likes