Calls not making it to recipient
jbyd

Recently I contacted verizon wireless regarding a problem with dropped calls. This problem was addressed and I do not think I have had a dropped called since. However, I still am having a problem with calls not going through.

What I mean by this is that I will call someone and I will hear the ringing on their end, all the way to voicemail. I never leave voicemails. When I eventually hear from that person, they will tell me their phone never rang and that they have no missed call. Sometimes, they will tell me their phone just rang once when on my end it had rung a good 7-10 times. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? It tends to happen more when calling people on Sprint or AT&T but I have had it happen with people on Verizon as well.

On a possibly related note, my iMessaging has been malfunctioning quite a bit since my partner moved. Roughly half of my texts from my iPhone to her iPhone are forced to be delivered as regular text messages. She is in sprint. I have had a cousin and a friend (AT&T and T Mobile) respond to texts days after I sent them tell me they were just received.

Any help is appreciated on this complicated issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls not making it to recipient
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is all definitely very strange, jbyd. We're here to see what we can do to help get your texts and calls flowing correctly! jbyd, what model iPhone do you currently use? I'm sure you may have done this, but any difference with this issue after you reset your network connections? Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Connections.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jbyd

I will hear ringing on my end**

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is all definitely very strange, jbyd. We're here to see what we can do to help get your texts and calls flowing correctly! jbyd, what model iPhone do you currently use? I'm sure you may have done this, but any difference with this issue after you reset your network connections? Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Connections.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MattTmx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have faced the same thing had military calls that never came threw or dropped.

0 Likes
jbyd

It is a 5s. I just followed your instructions and will give it a couple days.

0 Likes
jbyd

A few days have passed since I reset my network connections and it has not resolved the problem. One ghost call to a sprint user in Tennessee and one to a

Verizon customer in Buffalo NY.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, jbyd. I want to make sure that you are are able to make all phone calls without any issues. Have you been able to power the device off and remove the sim card for a good 10-15 seconds? Also, I noticed you stated that your iMessages wasn't working right in your first post. Has that issue been fixed yet? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbyd

Alright I shut off the phone and removed the sim card for about a minute.

It's hard to monitor improvement because I don't always know when it's

malfunctioning but I will keep you posted. There is still a problem though.

Just yesterday I called someone and on my end there was about 8-10 rings

but on their end only 1 ring. This morning two calls and a voicemail did

not make it through.

Texting is also hard to monitor but isn't really the issue I'm concerned

with fixing as it happens much much less than the phone calls. I'm a

physician in training and it is pretty important to me that people are able

to contact me when they need to and vice versa.

Thank you for your time and effort

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your efforts to resolve this with us. I'd like to look for a resolution with you. Let's continue to troubleshoot the iPhone. Can I have you remove the sim tray and reinsert it? Keep me posted on your efforts. Thank you again!

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jbyd

Ive done that and am waiting to see if the issue arises again.

0 Likes