Re: Calls going straight to voicemail
PeteBowen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've found *73 to be the solution, twice in the past year, as is only rarely mentioned/indicated in any of these posts(multiple threads / google search hits) about the same issue. Particularly, in my case, I began to experience this when a Webex meeting would try to call me using the "callback" function.

Specifically, as of Sept.2019:
Has to do with "immediate" and "conditional" call forwarding(even though it may not have explicitly been chosen or desired) and can be disabled by:
Dialing *73 then press send... That's it, resolved.

billsk1211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for me! I'm so desperate. This started happening over a month ago. I had no clue people were trying to call me, as it doesn't alert me, doesn't ring, doesn't appear on my screen, and doesn't show in my missed calls list. Facetime comes through just fine, but no calls from anyone. I spent hours in the Verizon store to the point they did a full factory reset on my phone. Issue continued. So desperate that I purchased a whole new iphone 11 pro max. Calls came through for the first week of owning my new phone, but now it's happening all over again. It is the network! I run my business from home and my business is legitimately suffering as a result of having no clue when someone tries calling me. From their perspective, calls go straight to voicemail. There has to be someone who can help me! Please!

billsk1211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for me! I'm so desperate. This started happening over a month ago. I had no clue people were trying to call me, as it doesn't alert me, doesn't ring, doesn't appear on my screen, and doesn't show in my missed calls list. Facetime comes through just fine, but no calls from anyone. I spent hours in the Verizon store to the point they did a full factory reset on my phone. Issue continued. So desperate that I purchased a whole new iphone 11 pro max. Calls came through for the first week of owning my new phone, but now it's happening all over again. It is the network! I run my business from home and my business is legitimately suffering as a result of having no clue when someone tries calling me. From their perspective, calls go straight to voicemail. There has to be someone who can help me! Please! Yes, I've done all the normal troubleshooting (over and over, both at Verizon store and on phone with Verizon tech) to include *73, checking do not disturb, checking blocked numbers, resetting network settings (and the entire phone), new SIM card, updating IOS, ensuring Silence Unknown Calls is off, turned on Announce Calls Always, etc etc. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

billsk1211, we know it's vital to stay connected, and we would love to help you get this taken care of. Please reply to our private note. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
llpurplepassion

Same issue for me! I'm so desperate. This started happening over a month ago. I had no clue people were trying to call me, as it doesn't alert me, doesn't ring, doesn't appear on my screen, and doesn't show in my missed calls list.  I have gone thru my settings and everything shows as normal, have reset phone, and still having the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

llpurplepassion, we certainly want you to stay connected and receive all of your calls. What make and model phone do you have? Has anything changed on the phone such as a software update or new/updated applications since this started? What ZIP code are you located in?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Eah3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a real person on this site? All the "responses" from Verizon are canned replies that answer nothing.

emargeson315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi I've been a Verizon in customer forever and this started happening about 3 years ago for me (countless calls to Verizon, never a call back, never resolved). I've tried everything from replacing Sim cards to switching phones MULTIPLE TIMES. The only thing that solves the problem (no help from Verizon) is going into settings, advanced calling and turning hd video calling off. Turn it to hd voice instead. This solves the issue only problem is you cannot talk on the phone and use data same time. 

Verizon you really need to get your sh*t together. I cannot tell you how many HOURS/DAYS I have spent on the phone hoping for a fix and never getting one. My bill is 200$ a month and I have a phone that doesn't function at full capacity. It's beyond frustrating

dwaltuch
Enthusiast - Level 1

This seems to have done the trick for me! Thank you!