Calls going direct to voicemail
Throttleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am at the end of my understanding and patience with Motorola & Verizon. I have been dealing with poor service signal strength, dropped calls, calls going direct to voicemail and as of late, my calls being forwarded to a number that is invalid without my authorization or activation. I am about to receive my 3rd device which will be a Samsung s7 to fix this problem. I am a business owner and this is my life line to my customers. Verizon expects payment for it's "reliable" service monthly. My service has been anything but reliable, more like deniable. Due to lack of action to fix this problem if the phone I receive does not fix this issue, I am leaving Verizon for another carrier that others in my area are very happy with. I have lost business and my son even missed a wrestling meet because Verizon pushed out an update overnight and my alarm was set to wake us up . I can't charge my customers if I don't live up to my end of the bargain but here I am shelling out more money for a phone that will magically fix an obvious network issue.

please take this issue seriously -there are many people tired of getting ripped off -

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls going direct to voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you canceled any and call forwarding?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TEEKTEEK2U

I have been having the same issue of calls being sent str8 to voice mail as well. Since I have purchased the LG V20. I started complaining 2 and half weeks after getting the phone, when several people informed me their calls were forwarded to voicemail and I also called myself to verify. I asked for a new phone since several attempts to fix the issue via tech failed. Which I was told was ok since I paid for a new phone that immediately had issues by one Tier 2 Tech. Iinstead I received a refurbished phone which I am paying a "NEW PHONE" price for. All agents told me different lies. One told me I could get a new phone all together. I could get a s7 since I was having these issues and pick it up at the store. That was a lie...store can't replace a phone unless it has been ordered via phone. I was also told it could only be replaced with the exact same phone, after going to the store. So I have to return the original phone and the refurbished phone that wouldn't charge properly upon arrival. Which is why I didn't want a refurbished phone in the first place. I am now waiting on another refurbished pbone, ALL BECAUSE I WANT TO ACTUALLY RECIEVE MY CALLS. WHILE I AM APPLYING FOR NEW JOBS. I have never had such horrible service with Verizon until now. I have been with this company for several years. DON'T GET THE V20... It's awful and I am very disappointed with service I received from Verizon.

0 Likes
Throttleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, I had read online that dialing *73 would do this and I also had verified call forwarding was turned off on the myverizon site. the customer service rep I spoke to said it had been turned on again (not by me) somehow and I asked her to disable the feature.

0 Likes
Throttleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did a little more drilling down on this site and I have another question. Why would Verizon call a discussion "outdated" when it is clear the issue still exists? here is the discussion thread

Outdated

Citizen  

It seems after a long period of inactivity, maybe overnight),, when anyone calls, the incoming call goes straight to voice mail. ,, no "missed call" notification. If it happened once, I could live with it. But now Im starting to do spot checks by calling my cell from another phone (both cell and land) and I t happened again.

Now,, it's not any phone settings because after I get the "direct to voice mail" problem, I then make an outgoing call, effectively waking up the service,, then it's fine for several hours.. signal strength is never and issue,, full bars.

The phone is only a week old and every thing else (data) is tip-top.

Does anyone have any "non obvious" things to check? I'm quite capable of exploring secret service menus like I did on my old Thunderbolt. Except I don't know the Galaxy service menu access codes yet.

? ?

1   2   3      PreviousNext         71 Replies   Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 9:53 AM by wiseman1812                     https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/feeds/messages?thread=780588

0 Likes