Calls are constantly dropped in/around my home.
sdkeay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't get landline because previous location had good signal.  This sucks!  Poor signal even though your website states excellent and other sites show weak and calls are constantly dropped.  Have to use wifi and i shouldn't have to since I'm paying for cell service!

Labels (1)
Re: Calls are constantly dropped in/around my home.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdkeay, it's never a good thing to hear you're experiencing dropped calls. I want to help make sure we can get you the best service possible. Indoor coverage can be tricky. One small downside to the new LTE signals is while they're great at giving us fast data speeds; they don't penetrate structures as well as the old cell signals. Based on what you shared, it sounds like you are using Wi-Fi Calling.

Wi-Fi Calling uses your home Wi-Fi to act as an internal cell tower. The internet makes the initial connection and routes your call to the network. Are you still experiencing dropped calls inside your home while using Wi-Fi Calling?

If you could share your zip code, we can also use that to check out the area and make sure there aren't any problems occurring there as well.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdkeay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response.  Calls are dropped both inside and outside.  As I mentioned, I am forced to use wi'fi to make the call because there is no coverage (1-2 bars) inside & outside.  My zip code is 94560 between Mowry & Stevenson on Cherry St.

0 Likes
sdkeay
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELLOOO is anyone going to reply!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdkeay, I regret to learn you didn't get a reply to your previous response. I can definitely address it now. In review of the area mentioned, I do show that the area advised is considered to be a marginal and variable coverage area due to terrain/atmospheric conditions. As such, customers can have an inconsistent network experience within that area such as fluctuating to no service, slow data speeds, data session drops and dropped calls. Services will be further degraded indoors and when there is increased traffic on the serving cell site. In areas such as this, we do recommend the use of Wi-Fi calling or using a booster to help with indoor signal. Do you experience an issue when using Wi-Fi calling in your home as well?

Ebony_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdkeay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't used wifi calling.  Since the verizon wireless coverage area is horrible, can you please provide a booster?  I've been a loyal customer for over a decade and until this last year have been happy with my service.  But I'm considering changing my service because of this.  thank you for your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdkeay, 

We know that having the best available service is important and wouldn't want to see you leave us. Coverage can be impacted by many things beyond the control of our network. While our network engineers do review our network for areas of opportunity and work towards improvements, it is difficult for us to guarantee how well service will work at any location. To help improve your coverage indoors, you have the option to purchase a Network Extender https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-4g-lte-network-extender-2/ that works like a mini-cell tower over an existing high speed internet connection. However, the best and free option would be to utilize WiFi Calling since it functions in the same way an extender does. This link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/#setup will provide the steps needed to setup WiFi Calling on your device(s).

Shawnte_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baroukers, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have, and we would be glad to help you get this resolved. May you please verify your zip code to see if there are any reported problems in your area?

David_VZW

0 Likes
baroukers
Enthusiast - Level 3

89156, and no, it isn't the mountain, because the problem is all over town. Everyone with Verizon is having issues.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Switch to a carrier that provides better service for where you need it to solve that issue

0 Likes