Caller ID Question.....
MattyD

Hey there,

I was wondering why my phone shows "Ohio" when I call a land line instead of my name. Is there a setting I need to have corrected. I just came to Verizon after having Alltel for the last few years. With Alltel, if I'd call home or anywhere else, my actual name would show along with my cell #. I know quite a few other people when they call my land line, "Ohio" shows up along with a phone #. Any ideas or is this just one of those things that is what it is?

L8R,

Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID Question.....
Shirozato
typically i've noticed verizon cell numbers do not appear with your name on caller id, they appear only with state the area code is from as well as the number. from my understanding this is typically for your protection since cell numbers are not listed. I haven't heard of any setting change you can make to change this.
0 Likes
JohnInCalif
It depends on the service provider of the phone you are calling.  Normally nothing is transmitted when I call my friends, but I call a co-worker in Texas and my call shows up as "california call" along with my cell number.
0 Likes
CellularChloe

Matt,

The reason your name probably came up was simply because the person receiving the call had you in their phonebook so it automatically generates that info to the Caller ID. I have never gotten a call that had the person's name along with the number unless it was already a contact in my phonebook.

0 Likes
MattyD

That's What I'm talking about. When I used to call a land line on my old Altell cell, my actual name and number would show up on someone's caller id. Now that I've gone with Verizon, it just says "Ohio" and my number. I understand that if someone has you in their contacts list your name will show up that way. But I was meaning someone's home phone/land line.

L8R,

Matt

0 Likes
justcherie
I had the same question that you did.  I called customer asistance (*611 from my cell phone)  and was transfered to tech support where I was told that Verizon does not support personalized caller id info.  I also had Alltel before.  They were able to set up each number with a different name that showed up on people's caller IDs.  The Verizon tech guy told me they have no plan to implement that feature in the future.  I'm NOT happy. 
Message Edited by justcherie on 08-21-2009 08:57 AM
0 Likes
netoguy

Verizon needs to update the CNAM entry in the LIDB database.

I was an Alltel customer that was transfered into Verzon, once they completed the transfer I lost my entry also. So far Verizon has failed to address the issue. It's a simple database issue and apparently Verizon doesn't care about their customers as much as Alltel did. Alltel allowed you to customize the entry, by default it was your LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME. Now with verizon it just shows up with the City and State of your mailing address.  I miss Alltel already!

0 Likes