Call failure
SUESMI67

I live in zip code 55437 and have been a Verizon customer for almost 5 years.  Over the last few months, I have started to get "Call failure" on almost every call that I make from inside my home.  The signal strength inside my home is usually only 1 or 2 bars.  I need to go outside to make or answer a call.  This is not practical as this is Minnesota and in a few months the outside temperature won't be friendly.  In addition to that, it is actually a safely issue because I am a senior citizen and if I needed to make an emergency call from my bedside, I wouldn't be able to succeed.  What has happened to the signal strength over the last few months?  To I need to switch carriers to get reliable service? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUESMI67, we completely understand how important it is to be able to make and receive a call when needed. We are here to help. 

We researched your zip code and are not seeing any reported issues with our service at that location. If the service is working for you when standing outside of your home, then that confirms that the issue is not a problem with our network.

Depending on the structure of your home, our signal may be blocked or absorbed by your home itself. Depending on what model phone you have, you can use Wi-Fi Calling with your home internet to be able to make and receive calls inside.

Another option is to get a Network Extender that would broadcast our signal inside your home. This device would also use your home internet service to provide that signal to you. Here is a link to where you can check out that great device for indoor use http://vz.to/2DSEW7i

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes